Public Schools -- 1119 West Broadway -- Collinsville, OK 74021
persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board Meeting for
Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make plans to attend
the meeting at the following date, time and place to wit:
April 8, 2009 Wednesday
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK 74021
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and
Absent. -- Donna Sears was a few items late, Joe Hampton
was out of state
3) Oath of Office - Steve Stout
By The Constituency. -- none
5) Reading of Minutes
- March 9, 2009 Regular Meeting. -- approved
6) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders - FY2009 General
and Building Funds -- approved
All District Funds
- Approval of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. -- 2 approved
8) Acknowledge and Honor Districts Teachers
of the Year.
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Temporary Appropriations
for FY2010. -- approved
10) Discussion and Vote
to Approve Open Transfers for 2009-2010 School Year. --
approved (transfer students already enrolled this
year approved for next year)
11) Board To Consider and Take Action
On A Resolution Determining The Maturities Of, and Setting a Date, Time and Place
For The Sale Of The Next Series of $610,000 Building Bonds Of The $4,100,000 Building
Bonds Of This School District, Voted and Approved on February 24, 2004. --
approved (May 1st noon bond sale)
12) Resignations: --
a) Phil Davis, Special Needs Teacher - High School.
Penny Sheehan, Classroom Teacher - Wilson Elem. (~30 years)
c) Louise Brazeal, Classroom Teacher - Middle School. (41
d) Kay Barnett, Classroom Teacher - Herald Elem.
Cook, CNP Director - District.
f) Norma Suntken, CNP - High School.
13) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Employment or Non Re-employment of Certified
Personnel for the 2009-2010 School Year, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1) of the
Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to Open Session and Vote
to Re-employ or Not Re-employ Certified Personnel for the FY2009-2010 School Year.
14) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
15) Vote to Acknowledge Return
of Board to Open Session.
16) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
17) Vote to Approve Superintendents Recommendation to Employ or Not
Re-employ Certified Personnel for the FY2009-2010 School Year. --
18) Hiring of Personnel:
a) John Shannon, P/T Maintenance/Custodian,
Districtwide. -- approved
19) Vote to Approve
the Superintendents Recommendation for Fall and Winter Sports Extra Duty
Contracts For FY2010 As Discussed. -- approved
Winter Head Coaches:
Football (Lance West), Softball (Mike Henry), Volleyball
(Keli Harrell), Girls Cross Country (Arlin Stacey), Boys Cross Country (Wes Hardin),
Girls Basketball (Arlin Stacey), Boys Basketball (Ryan Christian), and Wrestling
The Spring coaches will be on the June board agenda.
20) Discussion and Vote to Approve FY2010 School Calendar. --
approved (see attached list to right)
21) Assistant Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on the following topics:
* Progress on the new classrooms at CHS
& Herald. Brick on west &
north sides of CHS & this south view of Herald Elementary.
Still work to be done on Middle School Gym (wrestling room ceiling)
parking needed at CHS (& an asphalt overlay). Some temporary hole repairs
have been and new stripes were painted over spring break. Additional parking areas
will likely be under future bond proposals. Possible replacement of the Vo-Ag
building and bus barn (again a future bond topic) might free a new parking area.
* With potential future bond topics popping up in the
parking discussion above, the suggestion for a potential new administration building
came up as office space is tight and the school pays rent to the bank for the
current admin offices.
22) Superintendents Report. Pat
Herald reported on the following topics:
* Soil on 11 different school properties
will be tested by Collinsville Community
Outreach (Cyprus Amax Minerals Co.) ... as will other Collinsville residential
and commercial properties.
* Federal stimulus money has the odd characteristic
that it is mandated to be spent quickly for the designated use while schools may
be unable to spend in others areas due to the budget shortages there.
also indicated this was the first Wednesday night school board meet in his 24+
years but was required to work around the re-employment deadline and school board
members being out of town at national meetings.
(see two state level plaques to right) one for No Child
Left Behind (highly Qualified) and Alternative School (Exemplifying Excellence).
24) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not known at the
time the agenda was posted). -- accepted resignation of
Summer Patty Lamb at Middle School (moving to Japan).
notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Pat Herald, Supt. of Schools
this 3rd day of April, 2009 at 12:30 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Ted Wright's comments added in purple