Collinsville, Oklahoma
May 18, 2008
City Park Tree Update
Closed Signs Removed
As Roadways Cleared
More Stumps / Less Shade
5 Months After Major Ice Storm

This web site is brought to you by the Newspaper Museum In Collinsville and the other advertisers appearing on these pages. If you would like to provide news content or advertisements ... call Ted Wright (918) 371-1901 or
send email to
1110 W. Main, Collinsville, OK 74021
(email questions/comments to
Ted Wright -- last update 5/18/2008 (CityParkTrees.html)

Copyright 2008 -- Collinsville, Oklahoma
This page sponsored in part by:

May 1, 2008 Park Cleanup Began
(Almost 5 Months After Ice Storm)
With roads and tables blocked the Collinsville City Park was closed to the pubic for months.
Cleanup of the ice storm damaged trees in the Cty Park began May 1st by Crowder Disaster and Recovery who have been contracted by the city. They have also been collecting brush along the city right-of-ways in the past few weeks.
May 18, 2008
Park Debris Cleanup Nearly Complete
There were still tree limbs and debris in the creek (near the 15th Street park entry) Sunday May 18th , but the majority of the park has been cleared of damaged trees and limbs.
The swimming pool (opened in 1958) is beginning it's 3rd dry summer with no immediate plans (i.e no funds available) for building a new pool. (Long Term Park Concept)
This stump (above) is all that is left of the giant tree in the center of the ice storm photo below and to the left of the 2004 band concert photo below that.
Just Outside The Park
Crowder crews were picking up limbs on residential right of way about a block south of the park on 19th Street Sunday morning (May 18, 2008)
Yet another huge truckload of tree limbs was headed to the dump site north of town Sunday.
Even with the park cleanup and right-of-way clearing all over the city, there are still many more trees in town that have hanging limbs which are a safety hazard as when they will fall is unknown.
Collinsville has had several parks since it's early day. The park in it's current location was opened in 1921 as a tourist park with travelers staying overnight.