1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School
Board Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District
I-6, should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date,
time and place to wit:
Date: March 10,
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
Absent (Jana Oder) & Present (Stout, Ostrander, Johnson &
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Reading of Minutes February 10, 2014 Regular Board Meeting
and February 19, 2014 Special Board Meeting. --
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2014 General and Building Funds All District Funds - Approval of
Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments. --
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. --
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve 307 Federal and State Appropriations.
-- Approved (an additional $228K)
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Engagement Letter from Kerry
John Patten, C.P.A. for the 2013-2014 Fiscal Year. --
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the District Board of
Education Policy Book. -- Approved, wording
change: generic "according to state standards" ... replacing
specific wording more likely subject to change
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Collinsville Schools Disaster
Plan. -- Approved (an 80 page plan to meet FEMA
requirements. Full plan will be on-site at each campus but teachers
will receive a 3-page summary version). Some additional training wil
11) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Re-employment of the Assistant
Superintendent of Schools, Principals, Athletic Director, Curriculum
Director and Special Services Director, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)
(1) of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return
to Open Session And Vote to Rehire or Not Rehire the Assistant Superintendent
of Schools, Principals, Athletic Director, Curriculum Director and
Special Services Director for the 2014-2015 School Year.
12) Vote to Convene in Executive Session. --
7:21 - 9:07pm
13) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
14) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
15) Vote to Re-hire or Not Re-hire the Assistant Superintendent of
Schools, Principals, Athletic Director, Curriculum Director and Special
Services Director for the 2014-2015 School Year. --
Approved (rehiring of the existing folks)
16) Discussion and Vote to Reorganize District I-6 Board of Education.
-- Approved (Steve Stout as President, Memory
Ostrander as Vice President, and Tim Reed as Clerk)
17) Discussion and Vote to Declare Surplus and No Longer Needed by
District. -- Approved (will try to sell old
boys basketball uniforms and likely trash an old copier from the HS)
18) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* Track building (from recycled metal building moved out of the way
of new gym) -- forms and rough-in plumbing done -- should have concrete
Tuesday and metal up in a few days
* Will remove the old lockers under the HS gym soon --- saving as
much material as can be reused later
* Will likely start moving dirt for new elemetary this week (behind
* Proud of effort by snow removal crew ... clearing ice/snow from
walkways at each campus ... on their own time (last
Tuesday). Plus Lewis / Kyle Keith & Steve Branen on tractors
clearing the lots.
* hope to show construction progress with photos on web page soon
19) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* Congratulation to the Girls Basketball team playing Thursday at
State Tournament -- will allow student fans to attend the 2pm game
at Sapulpa if their parents blue-slip them out at CHS
* March 31st Education Funding Rally at State Capitol -- many wish
to attend (see new business below)
* Tuesday March 11: track pie auction and PLAC initial meeting (parent
* recent recognition for Coaches Howard Ray
and Ray Henshall + alumi girls basketball
* CHS Academic team success continues (with mostly underclassman)
* CHS wrestlers won 4th set of 5A state team titles
* 2 wrestlers completed 4 years of individuals titles (Will Steltzlen
& Gary Wayne Harding)
* Spring sports have begun ... baseball, soccer, tennis, track ...
* Great job by Coach Mark Campbell and the CHS Basketball girls
* Trying to schedule quick bond sale (noon) board meet ... maybe May
14th or 15th
21) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted).
* Three Resignations (since agenda released)
-- Crystal Martin (ECC)
-- Lisa Ward (CNP)
-- Terry Due (Superintendent) -- effective July 1, 2014 (see letter
* -- Approved -- hiring Lance West as superintendent-elect to take
over July 1, 2014
* -- Approved -- changing Monday March 31, 2014 to a non-attendance
day (to support the education funding rally at the state capitol)
-- encourage parents to attend ... "as we need a larger voice"
* -- Approved -- adding 15 minutes to each school day between March
24 and May 2nd to recover the hours lost March 31st
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 7th
day of March 2013 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple