January 08, 2018 6:00 PM Collinsville Public Schools 1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Meeting School Board
for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the above date.
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1. Call to Order and Roll Call of Members
2. Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All present: Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Bess, & Reed
3. Request to Address the Board. -- none
4. Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items a-d of the
-- a. Approval of the 12/11/2017 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
-- b. Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Order- FY
2018 General and Building Funds, All District Funds- Approval of Budgets
, Reports, Allocations and Investments
-- c. Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
-- d. Approval of Surplus No Longer Needed by the FFA Department.
5. Presentation By Brewer Construction. --
Chad Brewer presented the latest
drawings of the proposed new buildings to be voted on Feb. 13th.
A video promoting the bond issue should be available by the end of
the week according to Brewer.
6. Discussion and Review of Property Liability Insurance and Vote
to Accept Recommendation of Aaron Reinhart, AAI, Wilcox and McGrath
Insurance, Agent of Record. -- Approved, the
$196K bid of OSRMT (which had better coverage than the $191K bid of
OSIS) ... especially full coverage for roof replacement.
7. Discussion and Vote to Approve the Legislative Liaison for the
Collinsville Board of Education. -- Tim Bess
will bethe new liaison.
8. Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Resignations, Hiring of Personnel
Pursuant to 25-OS § 307(B)(1) of the Open Meeting Law.
9. Vote to Convene in Executive Session
10. Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session
11. Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement
-- No Executive session -- tabled items 8-11
12. Resignations: a. Erica Rush- CNP -- Accepted
13. Hiring: -- Approved
-- a. Pamela Norman- CNP
-- b. Jessie Guinn- CNP
-- c. Hunter Wise- Custodian
14. Recognition of School Board Members during National School Board
L-R: Superindentent Lance West, Steve
Stout (10 years), Memory Ostrander (12 years), Wendell Johnson (20
years), Tim Bess (1 year) and Tim Reed (5 years).
15. Directors Report
-- Julie Crutchfield reported the district is
down 5 students from last year which has only a slight impact to state
-- Michell Janah reported CNP had worked on applications for "Certified
Healthy" status for all 5 campuses which was approved and awards
will be presented in March. CNP will also release their first newsletter
starting this month.
Superintendent's Report -- Lance West reported
on thiese topics:
* Estimated budget carryover looks favorable
* Don't expect Oklahoma state budget failure this year
* Positive response to proposed school bond (voters to make it official
* A bit more re-roofing at high school -- will add metal over spring
* Finalizing LED lighting project (cost ~$207K)
* No school Jan. 15 / Feb 16 / Feb 19
* April 7th is date for CHS Prom at Zoo (final year at zoo according
to Scott Kiker)
17. Announcements -- Wrestling and Basketball
18. New Business
* One termination last week (Friday after agenda
published) -- Accepted
* ODOT called about Highway 20 right of way and culverts for new bus
loop. Said they accept the school's counter offer of $140K (from original
$121K) and agreed to redo the culverts in concrete. Lance West was
authorized by the board as the signatory for the ODOT agreement.
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent
Posted this 5th date of January, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of
the Education Service Center, 1902 W Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.