of Education February 12, 2018 6:00 PM Collinsville Public Schools 1902
West Maple Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Meeting School Board
for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make
plans to attend the meeting at the above date.
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1. Call to Order and Roll Call of Members
2. Record of Members Present and Absent. -- All
Present (Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Bess & Reed)
3. Presentation and Recognition of Wendell Johnson by Julie Miller of
4. Request to Address the Board. -- None
5. Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items a-f of the Consent
-- a. Approval of the 1/8/2018 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
-- b. Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Order- FY
2018 General and Building Funds, All District Funds- Approval of Budgets
, Reports, Allocations and Investments
-- c. Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
-- d. Approval of the OKTLE Agreement with Collinsville Public Schools
-- e. Presentation of the College Remediation Rates of Collinsville
High School Students.
-- f. Approval of Surplus No Longer Needed: MS 30 MS Life Science Textbooks.
6. Discussion and Vote to Accept Audit for FY2017 from Kerry Patten,
CPA, School District Auditor. -- Approved, "clean
opinion" ... no audit issues discovered
7. The Board of Education to consider adoption of a resolution approving
and affirming an Lease/Purchase Agreement and authorizing the execution
of same; Acknowledging assignment of Lessors interest in Lease/Purchase
Agreement; Designating lease transaction as a qualified tax-exempt obligation;
and authorizing School District officials to execute any and all necessary
documents in connection with the aforementioned transactions.
-- Approved, for LED lighting upgrades in most buildings (except the
newest, CUE). Will switch over during spring break in March.
8. Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes in the District Board of Education
Policy Book. -- Approved, two changes
* Sick Leave Sharing -- changed required medical certificate to superintendent's
discretion if medical certificate not applicable.
* Certified Personnel policies -- updated school names or made generic
for all schools
9. Proposed Executive Session to Discuss to Renew or Not Renew the Contract
of the Superintendent of Schools,Pursuant to 25-OS ss 307(B)(1) of the
Open Meeting Law.
10. Vote to Convene in Executive Session
11. Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session
12. Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement
13. Discussion and Vote to Renew of Not Renew Superintendent of Schools
Contract until June 30, 2021. -- Approved, new
3-year contract for Lance West.
14. Resignations: -- Accepted
-- a. Curtis Thulin- Janitor -- moved back to
-- b. Sarah Donelson- CNP -- will teach in TPS
-- c. Chad Goodwin- HS Science Teacher -- going
back to Oil&Gas industry
-- d. Brittany Scott- HS Science Teacher -- going
back to Oil&Gas Industry
-- e. JoLynn Cash-MS Special Ed -- retiring at
end of school year (taught 40 years, 39 here)
-- a. Emily Knight- Part Time Bus Driver -- specific
special needs transport
-- b. Jerica Feeback-CNP
-- c. Melissa Martin- CNP
-- d. Penelope Lyon- CNP
16. Directors Report
-- Kelly Hamlin --
* conference "How to better use classroom data" to teach better
* testing soon ... state legislature must choose between SAT or ACT
-- Michell Janah (CNP) --
* commodies dollars released (get $17K rollover from previous year recall)
---- McCain potatoes, Land-O-Lakes cheese, Brown Box deep discounts
helps break even on other products
---- expect great year
Report -- Lance West reported on these topics:
* OSSBA Legislative Advocacy meeting (OKC)
* March 13 OSSAA Day at Capitol
* off Friday & Monday
* Roof at HS and LED lights at most campuses over spring break
* vote Tuesday
19. New Business
-- Approved, changing extra curricular trip pay
to $10/hr (was $8) for support people (retro back to Jan. 1)
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent
Posted this 9th date of February 2018 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the
Education Service Center, 1902 W Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple