of Education May 08, 2017 6:00 PM
Collinsville Public Schools 1902 West Maple Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Meeting School Board
for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make
plans to attend the meeting at the above date.
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1. Call to Order and Roll Call of Members
2. Record of Members Present and Absent. -- Stout,
Ostrander, Johnson and Bess were present - (Tim Reed was absent)
3. Request to Address the Board. -- none
4. Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items a-h of the Consent
-- a. Approval of the 4/10/2017 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
-- b. Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Order- FY
2017 General and Building Funds, All District Funds- Approval of Budgets
, Reports, Allocations and Investments
-- c. Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
--d. Approval of the Contract with Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation
Services for iJobs Summer Work Experience 2017
-- e. Approval of the Contract with Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation
Services for Transition School-to-Work: Work Study for 2017-2018.
--f. Approval of OSSBA Membership for 2017-2018.
--g. Approval of Contract with Tulsa Zoo for the 2018 Prom.
--h. Approval of New Activity Fund Sub Account #903 Angel Fund for CNP.
Discussion and Presentation by Brewer Construction on Future Building
Projects for Collinsville Public Schools. -- A
3 phase plan spanning about a decade (& 3 different bond issue elections)
was presented to the school board to address anticipated growth / future
needs. -- see drawings -->
* The potential first phase (with a Feb. 2018 election for $6.74 million
total for $5 construction funds) could include 11 new classrooms at
VUE, 4 new HS classrooms, a new Vo-Ag facility and a new Band facility
at the HS.
* The potential phase two (with a Feb. 2022 election for $6.81 million
for $5.5 million construction funds) could include a new bus building,
a wrestling building rennovation at the HS, a new secure entrance at
the HS with admin offices and stem labs, a new multi-purpose facility
at the HS.
* The potential third phase (with a likely Feb. 2024 election for $15.43
million) is a bit more generic (now) to include athletic improvements,
more CUE classrooms, Pre-K addition, south road to 126th & parking
at CUE, new fieldhouse and stadium seating.
Site Reports. --
* ECC-Boomer: 110 Pre-K enrollment ... morning
full, afternoon 1/2; added 15 to kindergarten; some from out-of-state.
* CUE-Stacy: GT trip to Biztown (video) ... students assigned to a hands-on
* HERALD-Hunt: at son's state golf meet
* 6th Grade-Keim: band+chorus+sports recruitment from middle school;
May 18th sports day at Sallee Field ... sharing inflatables with Senior
Luau; Mrs. Myers Chromebooks
* ALT-Keim: 67 in program (6 MS and 61 HS) ... 16 of 18 seniors graduating
* MS-Harp: Fundraising for STEM Nationals in Orlando in July; Spring
sports wrapped up; testing done; spring band concert 8th grade song
dedicated to Katie Ellis; Alicia Herald grant for 60 kids to Muskogee
Renisance Fair; a few families moving here after shopping around; new
air conditioning in every room ... some cleanup still in cafeteria -
Thanks Dave Wilson worked odd hours.
* HS-Kiker: finished testing, prom great; jazz band 3rd at state; great
choir musical Guys & Dolls; FFA Convention Bronze award; Nifty 50s
Awards of Excellence; Undergrad awards moved to afternoon due to Nikki
Winton funeral; concerts; Sr parade at elementaries; Olivia Duncan National
Merit finalist (Univ. N. Texas);15 grad speakers - 2 min or less each;
Mrs. Lundgren after school projects presentation (see
7. Presentation of Wellness Update for Collinsville Public Schools.
8. Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the District Board of Education
Policy Book. -- Approved, 2 just to match law
changes: Concurrent enrollment for JRs & Srs change 6 to 9 hours
included in GPA; Work Place Hazards (new policy)
Proposed Executive Session to Discuss the Hiring of Certified Teachers
(Temporary Status) and Support Staff (Full Time Part Time and Retired
Status) for the 2017-2018 School Year (as attached) Pursuant to 25-OS
ss 307(B)(1) of the Open Meeting Law and to Discuss the Transfer and
Educational Records of Minor Student A whereby disclosure of any additional
information could violate FERPA. 25 O.S. Section 307(B)(7) --
7:08pm to 7:43pm
10. Vote to Convene in Executive Session
11. Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session
12. Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement
Resignations: -- Accepted
-- a. Mitzi Vogel- HS Head Cheer Coach
-- b. Stacy Jackson- HS Asst Cheer Coach
-- c. Jennifer Speck- Herald Paraprofessional
Discussion and Vote to hire the Certified Teachers (Temporary Status)
and Support Staff (Full Time Part Time and Retired Status) for the 2017-2018
School Year.(as attached) -- Approved
15. Hirings: -- Approved
-- a. Alicia Herald - HS Head Cheer Coach
-- b. Jessica Jeter- Asst. HS Cheer Lay Coach
-- c. Nikki Vandiver- Asst HS Cheer Lay Coach
16. Discussion and Possible Board Action to Accept, Reject, or Amend
Recommendation of Superintendent with Regard to Transfer of Minor Student
A. -- Approved the recommended rejection of transfer
17. Directors Report
-- Kelly Hamlin: 97% done with testing;
-- Michell Janah (CNP): federal changes coming
soon (fewer restrictions but also fewer dollars expected)
18. Superintendent's Report -- Lance West discussed
the following topics:
* Financial - have cut expenses each month
* would not have met Nov/Dec payroll without carryover from previous
* should be "OK" this year ... even with unknows from state
/ federal funding
* stronger than ever academically
* MS HVAC was under budget - can pay off in 2 years -- will scrap chilling
* plumbing this week for baseball building add-on
* 150 more Chromebooks
* CEF lost traditional $5K donor for Golf Tourney this year
* City/County/Cherokee assist with repave of HS lot and lighting for
19. Announcements -- Golf girls state runners-up
but frustrated as so close to winning it all (early
lead, tie, then lost on first hole of playoff)
20. New Business
* Approved setting June 26th (6pm) as special
2nd June school board meet
* Approved surplusing old prom decorations (Missy
DeLozier "retiring" from prom duty)
21. Adjournment - 8:19pm
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent
Posted this 5th date of May 2017 at 12:00p.m. on the door of the Education
Service Center, 1902 W Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple