of Education June 12, 2017 6:00 PM Collinsville Public Schools 1902
West Maple Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Meeting School Board
for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make
plans to attend the meeting at the above date.
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
Call to Order and Roll Call of Members
2. Record of Members Present and Absent. -- Present
(Stout, Ostrander & Bess) + Absent (Johnson & Reed)
3. Request to Address the Board. -- none
4. Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items a-f of the Consent
-- a. Approval of the 5/8/2017 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
-- b. Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Order- FY
2017 General and Building Funds, All District Funds- Approval of Budgets
, Reports, Allocations and Investments
-- c. Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
-- d. Approval of the Library Deregulation Applications for the High
School, Middle School, Upper Elementary, Herald Elementary and Early
Childhood Center for 2017-2018.
--e. Approval of the School Messenger Contract for 2017-2018,
-- f. Approval of Contract with Integrative Physical Therapy, P.C. for
-- g. Approval of Contract with Cindy Lumpkin, Visual Impaired Consultant,
-- h. Approval of Contract with Carlyn Heinrichs, Speech Therapy Services,
-- i. Approval of Contract with A Work in Progress, P.C. for 2017-2018.
-- j. Approval of Contract with Occupational Health Incorporated, for
-- k. Approval of the Memorandum of Understanding with Oklahoma Department
of Career Tech for 2017-2018. ( 3 Lottery /STEM Grants)
-- l. Approval of Disbursement 2016-2017 One Time Bonus Stipend for
Employees Absent on 5/26/2017
-- m. Approval of Memorandum of Understanding with YouthCare of Oklahoma
Wellness Report- Andrea Reser and Michell Janah
has own website;
* Without change we will have more unhealthy students;
* Herald switched recess before lunch and students ate more and
were more relaxed;
* need to educate parents also about healthy foods to send to school;
* samples for school board of foods with unexpected but healthy
Asked CNP Questions
Discussion and Vote to Accept the Board of Education Policy Changes.
* Repeating courses & grade replacement but original grade always
remains on transcript (by law) ... GPA can improve but can't be val/sal
... need approval. Norman & Putnam City also allowing this.
* Meal charge policy: angel funds added; MyPayment funds can take up
to 24 hours to show up (looking to improve this); alternate meal; rollover
unused funds to next year or can request reimburse if graduating; $2500
was owed but that was down to $100 by applying unrequested / donated
* Added section to jury duty / subpoenaed witness absenses -- full salary;
clarified calendar-vs-physical year notations; probational year; moved
sick leave to proper paragragh.
* Emergency leave -- cleanup wording -- funeral. mandatory court, unforseen,
allow partial day, unused vacation up to 20 days.
7. Discussion and Vote to Accept Workers Compensation Contract for 2017-2018.
-- Approved, only one quote (OSAG) ... up $3K
from last year
8. Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Resignations, Hiring of Personnel
Pursuant to 25-OS ss 307(B)(1) of the Open Meeting Law.
9. Vote to Convene in Executive Session
10. Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session
11. Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement
12. Discussion and Vote to Approve Certified, Support, and Extra Duty
Salary Schedules 2017-2018.
Resignations: -- Accepted
-- a. Peggy Keith- Bus Driver
-- b. Whitney Wilson- 3rd Grade Teacher
-- c. Kacee Price- HS English
-- d. Glenda Wood- CNP
Hirings: -- Approved
-- a. Tammy Jo Magruder-CUE- 5th Grade Teacher
-- b. Lorelei (Lori) Brown- Wilson-Computers
-- c. Lisa M. Schweda- MS Counselor
-- d. Monica D Armstrong- CUE Counselor
-- e. Daniel A. Brown- Herald- 1st Grade Teacher
-- f. Misty Martin- HS Special Education Teacher
-- g. Mary Nease- Herald- 3rd Grade Teacher
* Crutchfield - financial
report next time
* Hamlin - teacher driven personal development & breakout sessions
* Janah - more CNP policy changes next time
16. Superintendent's Report -- Lance West reported
on these topics:
* Education Foundation Golf tournament
was earlier in day (16 teams)
* Summer projects: wrestle room ceiling and rubber floor; carpet
a few HS classrooms; more HS roof work over next 2 years; band bleacher
wood seats replaced with metal but used existing frame to save $s; Rod
Mackey painting for district this summer; MS STEM lab tile; MS office
carpet; budget presentation June 26th; cost for substitutes down $85K
17. Announcements -- All-State
summary; Senior pages will be greatly simplified next year according
to Ted Wright (likely one photo per senior
instead of a full page of photos)
18. New Business -- Approved -- resignation of
bus driver Kim Sheret - moving to Missouri
19. Adjournment -- 7:57pm
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent
Posted this 9th day of June 2017 at 12:00 PM. on the door of the Education
Service Center, 1902 W Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple