N. 9th Street Easement Ordinance
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
August 7, 2017, 5:30 P.M.
City Hall Commission Chambers
106 N. 12th Street
3. Flag Salute.
4. Roll Call. -- All Present (Garrett, Shafer, York, Bateman & Francis)
5. Consent: All matters under Consent are considered by the City Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from consent by request. A motion to approve the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
Approval of Minutes from July 17, 2017 Regular Meeting.
6. Discussion, consideration and possible action concerning items removed from the Consent Agenda. -- n/a
7. Report from Oklahoma Municipal Assurance Group regarding Recognition and Retention Program. -- Bill Packet from OMAG discussed 2 new programs: "Recognition" if city council takes training and handbook can get $6K back per year + "Retention" if no claims can get 20% off premiums (out of $10K) by Sept. 2010. About 500 cities and towns participate in OMAG.
8. Discussion, consideration and possible action with Collinsville Tri-County Fair Board members regarding Tri-County Fair coming up on August 24th through 26th, 2017. -- Approved?? -- Steve Brannen discussed the 2017 fair which will actuall be Aug 17-19 and several areas the city has and will hopefully help with again (like use of Legion Building, security, trash, mowing, drainage and electrical issues, ... etc).
9. Discussion, consideration and possible action to award Collinsville City Plaza Project bid to Builders Unlimited, Inc. -- Approved, Architect Jim Gabbart discussed bids and alternatives. The city will remove old paving under the bricks ... which may or may not be replaced in the new version as vehicle traffic will not be allowed. There will apparently be an archway on the north end. (I have requested a drawing but have yet to receive -- Ted 8/16/2017). The project is estimated to cost $264K with $262 available from Vision 2025 funds.
10. First reading of Ordinance Number 916. -- Approved with emergency
11. Discussion, consideration and possible action to approve Ordinance Number 916, an Ordinance closing a portion of the public roadway easement located in Sections 20 and 29, Township 22 North, Range 14 East, City of Collinsville, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, according to the US Government survey thereof, said tract of land being more particularly described hereinafter, and retaining the rights of any holder of a franchise or others determined by the governing body to have a special right or privilege granted by ordinance or legislative enactment to maintain their existing utilities, and retaining the absolute right to reopen the portion of the public roadway without expense to the municipality, and declaring an emergency. (111 N. 9th Street) -- Approved -- For Casey's General Store. Casey's has 19 stores going up soon in Oklahoma (soon). Need to vacate never-used alley way (which would dead-end at tracks) for new building.
12. Discussion, considerations and possible action declaring Ordinance Number 916 an emergency for the purpose of preserving the public health, safety and/or peace making it effective immediately. -- Approved
13. Discussion, consideration and possible action to enter into Executive Session for discussing negotiations concerning employees and representative of employees groups as allowed by O.S. 25, Section 307 (B)(2), Collinsville Professional Firefighters 2017-2018 Contract.
14. Discussion and possible action on matters discussed in Executive Session. -- I left when executive session started at 6:05pm so have no additional results to report below. -- Ted
Posted on City Hall Bulletin Board Wednesday August 2, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. by Angela McGinnis, City Clerk
2. Roll Call.
3. Consent: All matters under Consent are considered by the Board of Trustees to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Trustee may, however, remove an item from consent by request. A motion to approve the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
--A. Approval of
Minutes from July 17, 2017 Regular Meeting.
4. Discussion and possible action concerning items removed from the Consent Agenda.
|Ted Wright comments in purple.|