1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6,
should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time
and place to wit:
Date: September 14, 2015
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 W. Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
Absent (Ostrander) & Present (Stout, Johnson, Morrison, and Reed)
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items #a-j of the
4a) Approval of the August 10, 2015 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
4b) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
4c) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders FY
2016 General and Building Funds, All District Funds, and Sinking Fund
Approval of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
4d) Approval of Changes and Additions to the Activity Fund Sub Accounts
4e) Approval of Activity Fund Transfer from Sub Account #913 to Sub
Account # 922.
4f) Approval of Activity Fund Transfer from Sub Account #818 to Sub
4g) Approval of Activity Fund Transfer from Sub Account #941 to Sub
4h) Approval of Statutory Waiver for Adjunct Teacher
4i ) Approval of the Deregulation for Teacher Teaching on Planning
4j) Approval of the Retirement Incentive Payments for 2015-2016.
5) State Testing Presentation- Kelly Hamlin --
see charts to the right (test scores by years and upcomingtest schedule)
... and Testing/Curriculum
Page on school site
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Negotiations for Certified Teachers
and Support Staff. -- Approved, simplified sick
day banking, keeping sharing option for sick days, $50 or $60 per
day unsued at retirement (120 day max), update sick leave longevity
incentive (10 year min.), Negotiated step increases .. built-in already,
Doctorate level incentive (Allison only after Dr. Roberts left last
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve Board of Education Policy Book Changes.
long list of minor policy adjustments ... some
to match state requirements (1.7, 2.4, 3.16, 188.8.131.52, 6.29, 6.301,
6.302, 6.302, 6.29, 6.36, 6.6) -- (see
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve Waiver for Federal Funds Procurement.
-- Approved (1 year with law changing)
9) Discussion and Approval to Approve Changes to the High School Student
Handbook. -- Approved (Clarify added credit
required for graduation starts with 2019 grads needing 25 credits,
while the 2016-17-18 grads needing 24. Possible with 7 period day.
State minumun is 23 credits.)
10) Discussion and Vote to Appoint a Resident Teacher Committee --
Approved (state mandated but unfunded,
mentors for 1st year teachers. Mentors used to $1000, now get nothing.
Only three first year teachers this year and specific mentors assigned.
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve FY2016 Estimate of Needs and Financial
Statements. -- Approved, allowed budget numbers
(set by auditor) on target so far ... oil prices are long term concern
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve Alternative Education Plan for
FY 2016. -- Approved, similar to last year except
location (Wilson) and daytime hours now. 43 alternative students presently
... with 6 on a waiting list.
13) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Resignations, Hiring of
Personnel, and Reassignment of Personnel Pursuant to Section 307 (B)
(1) of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return
to Open Session And Vote to Accept or Not Accept Resignations and
Hiring of Personnel.
14) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
15) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
16) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
-- No executive session required
17) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Employment of Stephen L. Smith
Corp. as Financial Consultants to the School District for the fiscal
year 2015-2016. -- Approved (~$45K)
Resignations: -- Accepted
a) Anita Willard- Special Ed Teacher-6th Grade Center
b) Lora Shirlene Hunter- HS Secretary Aide
19) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
a)Tammy Smith Paraprofessional-6th Grade Center --
has worked here before
b) Sam Baugh- Bus Driver -- had driven for Owasso,
BA & TPS
20) Directors Reports --
* Hamlin -- new grand baby
* Reser -- Food service going well -- salad bar added to lowers grades
also ($2500 grant for fresh produce). Nutritional values for online
* Riley -- Working around gym construction: volleyball at CUE ...
but moving Skiatook game to MS for expected crowd, Band is rocking!
Good feedback. Student section outstanding ... with leadership by
Laura Sheehan and Hillary Moore via student council. Expect big crowd
for Skiatook football game Friday.
21) Superintendents Report. -- Lance West
reported on these topics:
* CHS Gym
-- new wood floring under end seating area
-- rubber floor ordered for locker rooms
-- still on target for end of September completion
-- concession stand will be ready for first games
-- colors look great
-- 86 new seats on floor on south side - likely lottery for purchase
* Lost a 6th grade student in car accident over
weekend - 5 counselors at school Monday
* Traffic improved at elementary campus (~15 minutes now)... after
"nightmare" first days
* Wind damaged tent at Herald restored by Brewer Construction
* Need one more bid for asphalt for HS by baseball parking area
22) Announcements. -- none
23) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted) --
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 11th
day of September 2015 at 12:00 p.m... On the door of the Education
Service Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.