1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School
Board Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District
I-6, should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date,
time and place to wit:
Date: June 8, 2015
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All present: Stout, Ostrander, Johnson. Morrison & Reed.
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items #1-
#3 of the Consent Agenda:
--1) Approval of the May 11, 2015 Regular Board Meeting Minutes and
May 29, 2015 Special Board Meeting Minutes.
--2) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
--3) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2015 General and Building Funds, All District Funds and Sinking
Fund Approval of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
5) Presentation by Brewer Construction on Building Projects
-- Chad Brewer reoprted the finishing touches on the new upper elementary
should all be completed by mid-July. Teacher's boxes have been moved
in but teachers aren't allowed in yet to start their classroom setup.
Lot of top soil and asphalt still to be done outside. Traing soon
for the new cafeteria equipment.
-- High School: finally have everything under a roof after a wet month
of May with only partial roof. Asking subcontractors to work weekends
to try to makeup for weather delays. Masons in remodeled locker
rooms under old gym bleachers. Concrete floor now in those locker
rooms. Will start demolition soon in the old commons cafeteria ...
which will be snack bar. Lots of exterior cleanup work to be done
-- asphalt and grass.
Drone photos provided by Chad Brewer: Upper
Elementary & High
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve the 2015-2016 Professional Development
Plan- Michelle Borthick. -- Approved
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Memorandum of Understanding
from the Tulsa Technology Center for the 2015-2016 School Year.
-- Approved, 8th Floor training Tulsa ($3200) and ESchool Netwook
($11K) ... Odessyware
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Contract with Tulsa Technology
Center for Student Transportation for the 2015-2016 School Year.
-- Approved, same as last year ... they pay us to send our kids there.
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Proposed Changes in Activity Fund.
-- Approved ... grades shifting buildings
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve Transfer of Funds from MS Account
#953 to 6th Grade Center Account # 950. --
11) Discussion and Vote to Join or Not Join the OSSBA for the 2015-2016
School Year. -- Approved joining
12) Discussion and Vote to Declare Surplus and No Longer Needed by
--a) FFA Surplus -- Approved, outdated electronics
and air compressor.
13) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Resignations, Hiring of
Personnel, and Reassignment of Personnel Pursuant to Section 307 (B)
(1) of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return
to Open Session And Vote to Accept or Not Accept Resignations and
Hiring of Personnel.
14) Vote to Convene in Executive Session. --
15) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
16) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
17) Discussion and Vote to Approve Superintendents Recommendation
to Hire or Not Hire Certified Personnel for FY 2016.
-- Approved rehiring
18) Resignations: -- Accepted
--a) Cassie Taylor- Herald 3rd Grade Teacher
-- going back to Oologah where she lives
--b) Justin Schubert- Girls Varsity Head Coach (not teaching)
--c) LeAnn Nicholson- 7th Grade Science -- going
back to Bartlesville where she lives
--d) Julie Chisum- MS Paraprofessional
19) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Kendell Chronister- 3rd Grade Teacher --
husband Tyler hired at last board
--b) Amanda Lee- Special Ed Paraprofessional --
student taught here last year
--c) Melanie Johnson 7th-8th Grade Science --
taught at Sand Springs (lives in Owasso)
--d) LaDawn Hadley- 6th Grade Special Education Teacher --
taught at Clarm Seq.
--e) Shannon Yox- 7th and 8th Grade Math --
taught at Garden City ... family in Skiatook
--f) Diana Cook- 7th Grade Life Science -- 1985
CHS Grad -- taught at several elementaries
19) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to Set Special School Board
Meeting for Late June 2015. -- Approved, 6pm
special session Monday June 29th.
20) Superintendents Report. -- Lance West
reported on these topics:
* Flat (0% cut) state public education budget was "good news"
... better than further cuts
* kept expenses lowest since 2010
* revenue up ... expect votech transportstion check soon
* looks like $800K carryover to next year is possible -- "Proud
of our peopke" for their efforts
* Teachers do more with less
* Buildings: Less detail work required at high school ... will have
heat & air in gym. Remodel at Wilson progressing ... as well as
moving stuff between buildings.
Herald - some aint and moving large outdoor toys. New tile in senior
wing at high school ... will lead into new commons. Maybe schedule
July tour for school board.
* Bond lease purchase -- bids for extra asphalt .. Calan bid best
... maybe last week July.
* New HS stage will be $36K ... waiting til we have room for it.
* Janitorial bids out for services and supplies ... more square feet
with new buildings.
* 5th and 8th grade writing tests were "thrown
out" by state
* Lauren Wilson added to Soccer All-State
* Braden Varer to All-State Baseball
22) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted).
* Rod Mackey approved as new band director.
Selection committee included teachers and parents and Lonnie Fuller
as consultant. Six interviews over the weekend. Decision made Sunday
and Rod Mackey excited for the opportunity. He had been the co-director
at Berryhill from 2001-2007 and an assistant at Union 2007-2013. He
had also taught band at Pawnee and Ponca City. He has music degrees
from West Texas State and the University of Tulsa. ~40 applications
were received and they will now be considered for assistants to be
* A new "Cardinal Creed" has been derived from an OU Band
* -- Accepted, a resignation from Elizabeth
Sonnefelt at the high school ... to teach closer to home.
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Supt. of Schools