1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6,
should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time
and place to wit:
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 W. Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All present: Stout, Ostrander,Johnson, Morrison, & Reed
3) Requests to Address the Board. --none
4) Reading of Minutes August 4, 2014 Regular Meeting
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2015 General and Building Funds and All District Funds - Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
-- Approved (Noted that some CNP costs are up due to nationwide shortages
of whole grain foods now required by new federal requirements)
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers.
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve Transportation Bids for 2014-2015
-- Approved, State Farm will no longer offer
school vehicle insurance. Collinsville accepted the low bid of OSRMT
with additional coverage at a lower cost following a presentation
by Erin Rhinehart of Wilsox & McGruff. The coverage is through
the end of this year when an annualized will be considered.
8) Updates on Building Projects- Brewer Construction --
Upper elementary still going nicely. Some duct work and sheetrock
started. Bids are out now for the high school construction project.
Bids will be opened September 18th and a special board meeting will
be held September 24 to decide on alternatives with bids in-hand.
Chad Brewer stated the new cafeteria/commons
must be complete and functional when school starts in August 2015
and before the old CHS cafeteria and commons rennovations can begin.
That 2nd phase is expected to complete in October 2015 during the
Multiple views inside the new upper elementary
building -- Brewer Construction photos.
9) Updates on Building Projects- The Stacy Group
-- Jason West reported no problems. Upding drawings and responding
to material substitution requests.
10) Administration Report- Kelly Hamlin MS Principal
Kelly Hamlin presented an example of middle
school student - teacher interaction using cell phones, clickers,
survey software and other technologies. She also showed photos of
the many and varied academic activities at CMS. She noted that the
CMS scores on the written tests for English (82) were the best in
the state. This is also the first year for 8th grade student to participate
in Agriculture Education with those student riding the bus to the
high school for that hour.
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve FY2015 Estimate of Needs and Financial
Statements. -- Approved
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve Alternative Education Plan for
FY 2015. -- tabled
13) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to District Emergency Plan.
-- Approved (an 84 page plan prepared by Captain
Boggs and Ken Chronister)
14) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Contract from A Work In Progress
Therapies, PC for the 2014-2015. -- Approved
($60/hour for 2 occupational thearpists when
15) Discussion and Vote to Approve Adam Hass to Donate days to Jackie
Hass for Maternity Leave. -- Approved
16) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of
Certified and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1)
of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to
Open Session And Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified
Personnel for FY2013. -- 8:29-9:18pm
17) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
18) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
19) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
20) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Negotiations for Certified
Teachers. -- Approved
21) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Employment of Stephen L. Smith
Corp. as Financial Consultants to the School District for the fiscal
year 2014-2015. -- Approved
22) Board to consider and take action on a resolution authorizing
participation in the Municipalities Continuing Disclosure Cooperation
Initiative. -- Approved (followup on an Securities
and Exchange Commission issue affecting many school and communities
... which the Stephen L. Smith Corp will resolove and handle in the
23) Resignations: -- Accepted
--a) Paul Downing- Bus Driver
--b) Laura Marotta- CNP
--c) Crystal Glenn- HS Paraprofessional
24) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Jodi Gage- Alternative Ed Teacher
--b) Barbara Tiry- HS Paraprofessional
--c) Yona Celia Rinehart- ECC Paraprofessional
--d) Mary Lou Wellington- Herald CNP Cook
--e) Natalie Hamilton- HS CNP Cashier
--f) Rebecca Buchfink- MS Paraprofessional
--g) Judy Gilmartin- Bus Driver
25) Directors Reports -- Julie Crutchfield
reported that contracts for school employees should be ready later
this week (about a month into the school year ...rather than near
the end of the year year as in the recent past) with a new system
in place to expedite that process.
26) Superintendents Report. -- Lance
West reported on these topics:
* The state's A-F report cards will be released this Friday (for what
they are worth)
* Jame Allison's chart of last spring's EOI results (based on Tulsa
World data) shows Collinsville ranked 2nd amoung Tulsa area high schools.
* Seminar soon on open records / meetings laws
* Oklahoma tax revenues up ~7%
* Have a long term sub for CHS Spanish now .. and he is working to
* Jostens is providing a free cell phone app (soon) for Collinsville
School information. Missy DeLozier is supporting that effort.
* Excellent start of school so far ... providing water on buses when
temps over 100
* Up about 52 students this year based on preliminary figures last
* Scheduled special school board meet for Sept. 24th for HS rennovation
27) Announcements. -- none
28) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted) --
Approved hiring of Paul Underwood ...
had been long term sub (computers and baseball assistant) ... now
29) Adjournment. -- 9:55pm
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 5th
day of September 2014 at 12:00 p.m... On the door of the Education
Service Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple