1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
persons interested in attending the Special Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6,
should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time
and place to wit:
Date: June 4, 2012
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to Vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members. --
All Present (Ostrander, Stout, Johnson, Oder, & Sears)
2) Record of Members Present and Absent.
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- None
4) Reading of Minutes May 7, 2012 Special Meeting and May 23,
2012 Special Meeting. -- Approved
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2012 General, Building and All District Funds - Approval of Budgets,
Reports, Allocations and Investments. -- Approved
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. --
Approved (2 for Cheerleaders: coupon
books & 25% sales Must Be Trendy)
7) Presentation Game View Broadcast, Jim Riley. --
potential live web video broadcast of CHS varsity sports (40 events/year)
... live and then archived for playback. Hoping to get all of Metro
Lakes Conference Schools to participate. School buys video/computer
equipment and runs the production with the online service supplied
by GameView. Gameview sell regional advertising and school to get
half of revenue. (~$14K). Will likely be on next agenda for approval.
Link With Actual Lady Cards Basketball Game -vs- Coweta)
link with Potential Cardinal Page Layout)
8) Resignations: -- Approved
a) Kathy Trost, 2nd Grade, Wilson Elem. -->
to stay at home mom
b) Kurt Scullawl, High School Science. -->
to Haskell assist. principal
c) Lisa Rader, Curriculum, Testing & Textbook Coordinator, District.
--> to Oologah assit. principal
d) Gaile Cole, Family & Consumer Science, High School. -->
e) John Hamlin, Vocational Agriculture, High School. -->
retire ~27 years here
f) Kerry Eubank, High School Snack Bar, P/T.
g) Cora McAdoo, Special Needs Para, Herald Elem. -->
retire after many years
h) Kasey Green-OConnor, Special Needs Para, Herald.
9) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of Certified
and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1) of the Open
Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to Open Session
and Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified Personnel for
10) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
11) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
12) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
13) Discussion and Vote to Approve Superintendents and Assistant
Superintendents Recommendation to Hire or Not Hire Certified
or Classified Personnel for FY2013.
14) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved (except
a) Wilson Elem. 2nd Grade Teacher. --
Stacy Clarke (Kelly's wife new coach)
b) Wilson Elem. 1st Grade Teacher. (New Position) --
Brook Davison (husband already here)
c) Herald Elem. 4th Grade Teacher. --
Sarah Moore (3rd grade)
d) Herald Elem. 5th Grade Teacher. --
Amy Garrett (CHS &
recent OSU grad)
e) Herald Elem. Dean of Students. --
f) Middle School English Teacher. --
Mandy Burd (from Herald)
g) Middle School Social Studies Teacher. --
(moves to later agenda)
h) High School - Librarian -- Lynn Gowler (3rd
i) Curriculum, Testing & Textbook Coordinator District.
-- Cara Jones (back from Oologah)
15) Discussion and Vote to Approve Purchase of Current Church Buildings
at 19th and Maple. -- Tabled (again) -- no discussion
16) Discussion and Vote to Approve Three Year Technology Plan. --
17) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to Current Open and Emergency
Transfers for 2012-2013. -- Approved
18) Discussion and Vote to Increase Child Nutrition Cafeteria Prices
for FY2013. -- Approved, increases
basically forced by USDA/State to cover food price increases over
past few years.
19) Discussion and Vote to Approve Facility Rental Agreement Contract
with Tulsa Zoo for FY2013 Prom. -- Approved,
Jon Coleman said they were pleased with RSU (past two years) but had
a 2013 scheduling issue there which prompted this return to the zoo,
which also presents an interesting prom setting. The students pay
for prom (mostly junior class fundraisers).
20) Discussion and Vote to Approve Certification of School District
Treasurer. -- Approved (Stacie Byrum)
21) Discussion and Vote to Approve School District Permission to Invest
Policy. -- Approved
22) Vote to Approve Certificate and Order of Board of Education to
County Clerks and County Treasurers of Tulsa County, Rogers County
and Washington County. -- Approved
23) Discussion and Vote to Set Special School Board Meeting for Late
June 2012. -- Approved (7pm Monday June 25)
24) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West Topics:
* Wilson Elementary new paint including chalk-board style doors &
some wiring re-routing
* High School: upgrade 4 classrooms + offices + entrance with ceramic
tile, covered beams, new lighting, and double doors + bathroom upgrade
+ additional food storage (with heat & air) for canned goods +
mini garage next to VoAg building for bus barn storage +
rock work under track stands to slow soil erosion.
* HS Library will likely move in about a year.
* Middle school: replacing window air conditioners in older classrooms.
* Herald Elementary: selective paint touchups
* WiFi additional campuses this summer + 13 remote hot spots (for
example: bus barn, track, football field [required for #7 above],
* Larry Meece reviewing the two submitted printer consoldation plans
25) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
Graduation" (after lengthy practice) ... including 2 wheelchair
students who walked the stage to receive their diplomas without their
* Will be trying to replace years of experience (John Hamlin for example)
with resignations above.
26) Announcements. -- Cheryl Hunt indicated
an early look at just available test scores are cause for celebration.
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of School
Posted this 1st day of June, 2012 at 11:50 a.m. on the door of the
Education Service Center at 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Ted Wright's comments added in purple