1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Special School Board Meeting
for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make
plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place to
Date: June 27, 2011 Monday
Time: 7:00 p.m..
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK 74021
The following items
will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order
and Roll Call of Members Present.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. -- Joe
Hampton absent. Stout, Ostrander, Johnson and Sears present.
3) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2011 General, Building and Casualty Insurance Recovery Funds. --
4) Resignations: -- accepted
a) Karen Peper Director of Curriculum and Assessment. --
~40 years here
b) Gina Lewis HS Business and Technology. --
w/Ron to Van Buren, Ark.
5) Bids and Purchases:
a) Paper Bids for FY2012. -- approved
b) Lawn Maintenance for FY2012. -- approved
-- Steve Branen ($57,995/yr)
c) Maintenance Supplies for FY2012. -- tabled
... to July board
d) Janitorial Services for FY2012. -- tabled ...
to July Board
6) Vote to Approve Certification of Encumbrance Clerk for FY12. --
approved (Pat Sunday)
7) Vote to Approve Purchasing and Receiving Agent for FY12. --
approved (Stacy Byrum)
8) Vote to Approve Certification of Activity Fund Custodian and Co-signers
for FY12. -- approved (Pat Sunday with West or
9) Vote to Approve Minutes Clerk and Assistant Minutes Clerk for FY12.
-- approved (Pat Sunday & Stacy Byrum ...
after a short term transition).
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve Transfer Activity Fund Monies to
General Fund, Independent District I-6, Treasurer. --
approved ($17K from a variety of sources
such as library fines, summer driver's ed fees, classroom refrigerator
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve Update CLEP Plan for FY2011-2012.
-- approved (test scores improved this past year)
12) Vote to Approve Memo of Understanding with Tulsa Technology Center
for FY2012 School Year. -- approved
13) Discussion and Vote to Approve Lease/Purchase Agreements for FY2012:
a) Bank of the Lakes ESC 12 payments.
b) First Pryority Bank Batting Facility 1 final payment.
c) OME (Okla. Mailing Equip) 1 annual payment.
d) Security Bank Wilson Copier 12 Payments.
e) Security Bank Herald Copier 5 Payments.
f) Security Bank Herald Copier #2 12 payments.
g) Arvest MS Copier 2 Payments.
h) Coke Lease 1 year. -- did what they
said they would do (& more) ... no complaints ... vital to athletic
budget -- per Jim Riley
i) OneOak Gas 12 Payments.
j) School Messenger Service.
-- all approved
14) Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of Certified and
Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1) of the Open Meeting
Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to Open Session and Vote
to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified Personnel for FY2012.
15) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
16) Vote to Acknowledge Return to Open Session.
17) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement. --
no action taken in 7:37 to 8:50 closed door session
18) Hiring of Personnel: -- approved
a) Psychometrist. -- Diana Brown
b) ECC Counselor. -- Diedra Harris (had been teacher
there ... ~400 students)
c) School Nurse. -- Amy Nugent (Hillcrest
Hosp) lives in cville
d) MS Band Director. -- Chris Steel (Univ. Arkansas/Owasso
e) Herald Counselor. -- Jennifer Sally (had been
teacher there .. ~600 students)
f) 2 - HS Counselors. -- Paula Beard (~400 students)
... 2nd counselor tabled
g) Secondary English.Teacher. -- Kacy Price (had
been lay coach basketball & track) and permanent sub when teacher
h) Secondary Math Teacher. -- Toni Slagle (2007
CHS Grad) 1st in class at NSU
i) Secondary Social Studies Teacher. -- Emily
Williams (Verdigris/Union) OSU
j) MS Special Needs Teacher. -- Lance Lukie --
k) MS Math Teacher. -- Kacy Keim (rehire following
higher certification test)
19) Assistant Superintendents Report: --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* Small cut to Title I funding (7 salaries paid by Title I federal $'s)
... other areas may need to be paid out of general fund now
* Plant Operations (potential projects)
-- bathroom improvements (Vo-Ag & band room)
-- sidewalks for track entry
-- asphalt entry at football
field (gravel now)
-- bug issues
-- likely redo HVAC contract in August
20) Superintendents Report:
a) Comp Time Payment for FY2011. -- approved
(for Kay Simpson -- student tracking & Brenda
Flanary -- payroll)
-- Other topics:
* Education Foundation Golf Tournament
... their big fundraiser helps schools
* New ruling cuts external funding for nationally certified teacher
incentives (yet another unfunded mandate now)
This notice being
publicly given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of
Independent District I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Superintendent
Posted this 22th day of June 2011 at 3:30 p.m..on the door of the Education
Service Center, 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021
Wright's comments added in purple