Collinsville Public Schools
1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested
in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board Meeting for Collinsville
Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make plans to attend
the meeting at the following date, time and place to wit:
Date: July 11, 2011 Second Monday -- Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK 74021
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board
of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote
to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. -- All
Present: Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Sears, and Hampton
3) Presentation By The Constituency. -- none
4) Reading of Minutes June 6, 2011 Regular Meeting and June 27,
2011 Special Meeting. -- Approved
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2012 General and Building and FY2011 General and Building Fund Reserves
and All District Funds - Approval of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and
Investments. -- Approved
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. --
Approved (2, both for Cheerleaders)
7) Discussion and Vote to Join or Not Join OSSBA for FY2012. --
Approved ($3225 membership fee)
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve Lance West as Authorized Official
and Certified Authority for All Local, State and Federal Funds for FY2012.
9) Discussion and Vote on Cost Saving Measures for FY2011-2012 School
Year Field Trips and Transportation. --
Approved (Same as last year with extra fees collected for events outside
80 mile radius. Conference (OSSAA) required events like McAlester football
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve Fall Sports Head Coaches. --
Approved (No changes from last year: football (Jones), volleyball (Smalygo),
softball (Henry), cross country (Stacy & Dutton).
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve Student Athlete Drug Testing Policy
Revisions. -- Tabled
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve 3 Year Technology Plan. --
13) Bids and Purchases:
a) Milk Bid for School Year FY2012. -- Approved
(Highland Dairy ... lowest). Local Piggly Wiggly
also bid but did not match the bid spec (& would have been delayed
on chocolate milk)
b) Janitorial Services for FY2012. -- Approved
(Multi-Clean was low bid [of 6] and all pleased with past work)
c) Maintenance Supplies for FY2012. -- Tabled
14) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of Certified
and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1) of the Open
Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to Open Session And
Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified Personnel for FY2012.
15) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
16) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
17) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement. --
No Action Taken
18) Hiring of Personnel: -- All Approved
a) HS Secondary Math Teacher. -- Cory Loghry
(Dec. OBU grad), also certified forsocial studies
b) HS Business/Computer Teacher. -- Kim Myers
(has been coaching here 3 years) ... and training Best Buy geeks
c) HS Counselor. -- Dawn Martinez (has
been teaching here several years)
d) 2 HE Grade 3 Teachers.
-- Taylor Whisenhunt
(taught at Oologah last year)
-- Laura Brown (at Northeast taught 2nd
grade 10 yrs + kindergardent 4 yrs)
e) District Curriculum and Assessment Director. --
Lisa Rader (will replace Karen Pepper after December) has been
at CHS 2 years
f) ECC Pre-K/Kindergarten Teacher -- Whitney
Riggs (from Wilson)
g) ECC Secretary. -- Joyce Hodge (been
at ECC 4 years as assistant)
19) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported several summer projects were
ongoing but had no major issues to report.
20) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* "It has been a good summer" ... learned some good things
in numerous OKC trips but still many funding unknowns and issues pending.
* "Hate to lose the people lost recently but think we are getting
good people coming in"
21) Announcements. -- Jim Riley reports 4 CHS
participants in All-State games this summer:
Josh Pennington (wrestling), Randi Gilmartin (softball), Cole Fuller
(soccer) and Nicole Coombs (trainer for all games).
22) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not known
at the time the agenda was posted).
* Resignation received today from Elizabeth Campbell
(2nd Grade) -- accepted
* Kim Oliver's
hiring approved as 2nd nurse (from Hillcrest)
* Legal action pending by Sand Springs Schools
will be supported by Collinsville schools on potential of only receiving
10 of 12 payments for Flexible Benefits Allowance for 2010-2011.
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 7th day of July, 2011 at 3:00 p.m. on the door of the Education
Service Center at 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright's comments added in purple
added the photo above from Friday's posting ... and didn't receive the
email digital version at the top until Monday morning 7/11/2011: