1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
Wendell -- Steve -- Memory -- Donna -- Joe
-- (Board Recognition Letter)
All persons interested
in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board Meeting for Collinsville
Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make plans to attend
the meeting at the following date, time and place to wit:
Date: January 10,
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK 74021
The following items
will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board
of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote
to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order
and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. -- all
3) Presentation By The Constituency. -- Band Director
Ron Lewis provided informationto the board on the performance by the
Collinsville Middle School Honor Band at the OMEA convention in Tulsa
next week. This is a big honor for the relatively new band. Ron stated
this was part of his vision for enhancing the younger band to feed the
high school band rather than 7th & 8th graders going directly into
the high school group as they had for many years. There will be a free
practice performance Tuesday Jan. 18th (at Broken Arrow's Performing
Arts Center 7pm at 701 S. Main-BA). The formal concert for the music
educators will be 2 days later Thursday Jan. 20 7:30pm ($5) at the Tulsa
Convention Center (3rd & Houston - Tulsa).
4) Reading of Minutes December 6, 2010, 2010 Regular Meeting.
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2011 General and Building Funds and All District Funds - Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments. --
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. --
7) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel, Pursuant to Section
307 (B)(1) of the Open Meeting Law,O§, so that the Board May Return
to Open Session With No Board Vote Intended.
8) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
9) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
10) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
-- No action was taken.
11) Resignations: -- Accepted
a) Janice M. Smith, HS English.
b) Sara Green, Wilson TA.
c) Teresa Embrick, Herald Custodian.
d) Sheri Warnock, Bus Driver, Van 3 Hours.
e) Colley Hunt Special Needs ECC.
12) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
a) Special Education Teacher Wilson Elementary, Jaime Crow.
b) Sheri Warnock, CNP Cashier 6 Hours- HS.
c) Christina Funkhouser Bus Driver 3 Hours.
13) Discussion and Review of Property Liability Insurance and Vote to
Recommendation of Duncan DuVall, Southwest General, Agent of Record.
-- Approved, bid of OSRMT $111K (had been %107K
last year) ... see correction below:
I was just
catching up on cville and read through the article on the board
meeting and noticed one important mistake. On agenda #13, the
review of property liability insurance, the bid that the board
accepted was for $86,022.00 from OSRMT. "Oklahoma Schools
Risk Management Trust." This is a newer company specializing
in schools that has been sponsored by the OSSBA.
The bid of
$111,780.00 was what our last insurer (Chandler Insurance Managers
Inc.) had brought to the table. I want to mention that as always
when comparing insurance quotes that you must have a solid "apples
to apples" comparison, I must add that not only was the bid
a considerable savings for our district, we also came out with
a lower deductible.
past history in the insurance field certainly paid off on this
project. Lance did a great job with investigating and doing a
investigation in this matter.
for not being more clear in our meetings, and in making sure that
we provide the documentation for you to write on your website.
You do a great job for our school and our community in providing
coverage of so many different topics. I honestly don't know how
you do it all. A Hearty Thank you.
Sincerely, Steve Stout -- (Jan.
14) Employee Request
to Use Sick Leave Sharing Policy 1 Carolyn Harrington
Support Personnel - Custodian HS. -- Approved,
long-time employee suffered 3 heart attacks since Dec. 2 and has used
all sick and personal days.
15) Recognition of School Board Members During National
School Board Member Month.
16) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* Title I budget approved
* Title II committee formed ... to bolster teaching ... meeting monthly
* Automotive insurance ...recommendation by Herb Weaver at State Farm
to increase deductibles on school cars will likely be acted on. With
only 4 $100 deductibles taken in the past 4 years will likely shift
to a $500 deductible and save overall on premiums. WIll need bids for
board to approve later.
* "EDIT" still going well -- Title II paying -- benchmark
testing more frequently -- good prep for 2014 national testing requirements.
17) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* New Governor (Mary Fallin) & New State School Superintendent (Janet
* Young wrestling program encouraging results including 2nd team finish
* Basketball teams competing
* MS Honor Band (see Lewis comments above)
* Winter weather has been good so far -- no snow days (yet) ... will
check bus routes at 4am (Tuesday) to decide 2nd day of current snow/re-freeze.
* Check for State Aid received ... still expect 201-12 to be toughest
when federal stimulus dollars go-away.
18) Announcements. -- none
19) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not known
at the time the agenda was posted). -- none
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 7th day of January, 2011 at 11:45 a.m. on the door of the
Education Service Center at 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright's comments added in purple