Feb 18th is now a school day and the last day of class
is now May 23rd (had been 22nd) ... assuming no more snow days lost.
persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place
to wit: Date: Monday Feb. 4, 2008
-- Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville OK
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. -- All
present (except Pat Herald due to illness)
3) Presentation by the Constituency. -- none
4) Reading of Minutes - Jan. 7, 2007 Regular Meeting. --
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders - FY2008
General, Building Funds and FY2007 General and Building Fund Reserves
and All District Funds - Approval of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and
Investments. -- approved
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fund-raisers. --
7) Discussion and Vote to accept audit for FY2007 from Kerry J. Patten,
C.P.A. School District Auditor. -- approved, "free
of error and in good shape".
8) Discussion and vote to approve 307 Federal and State Appropriations
Increase. -- approved
9) Discussion and vote to approve AIDS Curriculum and Update. --
approved, parent review of material available at Feb. 26 (7pm) meeting
at Wilson. Presentation of the material is mandadated by the State,
but parents may opt out there student with a written request.
10) Disscussion and vote to approve Reading Sufficiency Update and Revision
as of January 2008. -- approved
Discussion and vote to Amend 2007-2008 School Calendar. --
approved, the revised calandar is shown in the photo at the top of this
page ... with Feb. 18th a new school day and May 23 added as a new
school day. The previously allocated weather days (April 11 & 18
& 25) are now school days. All to make up for the 5 school days
lost due to the December 2007 ice storm. Teacher will still have to
return for a May 27 professional day (after Memorial Day) unless the
state revises a ruling on making up professional days.
calandar ... before the changes approved tonight).
--a) Bob Craig, HS
classroom and Football Coach
--b) Caryn Hoffman, TA Herald Elem.
Hiring of Personnel: Jeannie Smalygo, Health Aide.
14) Assistant Superintendent's Report. -- Terry
drawing available from architect for bond issue buildings
6 will be in Collinsville half-day Tuesday Feb 5th ending at CHS Basketball
search for the new CHS football head coach will begin immediately
(with acceptance of Coach Craig's resignation at this meeting). Bill
Rule, Cory Slagle and Rusty Poindexter will do the initial review/interviews
of candidates. Pat Herald and Terry Dues will also interview the final
few candidates. Hiring by the April board meet is possible.
(Feb 8th) is the last day to vote in the March school bond election
(also city election day)
15) Superintendent's Report.
-- Pat Herald's report:
17) New Business (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not known
at the time the agenda was posted):
Posted Jan. 31st,
2008 noon at the door of the Education Service Center at 1119 W. Broadway
Wright's comments added in purple