persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place
to wit: Date: Monday Feb. 5, 2007
-- Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville OK
(Note: I missed the first 7 topics below while
at the city commission meeting) -- Ted Wright
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members. --
2) Record of Members Present and Absent.
3) Presentation by the Constituency.
4) Reading of Minutes - Jan. 8, 2007 Regular Meeting.
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders - FY2007
General, Building Funds and Building Bond 2006 and FY06 General, Building
Fund Reserves and All District Funds - Approval of Budgets, Reports,
Allocations and Investments.
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fund-raisers.
7) Angela McKnight - Policy of Teacher Request - Wilson Elem.
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve AIDS Curriculum and Update.--
approved (state mandated)
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve CNP Procurement Policy and Update.--
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve 307 Federal/State Appropriations
11) Discussion and Vote to Appoint Policies/Procedures for Physical
Restraint of Children with Special Needs. --
12). Discussion and Vote to Declare Surplus and no longer Needed by
the District: Baseball Uniforms, Navy and Grey, 6 years old, and IBM
Syatem 36 Computer. --
13) Discussion and Vote to Amend 2006-2007 School Calendar. --
details to right).
Pat Herald stated that adding time to days to make up lost days is not
allowed by the State dept. of Education. The details are yet to be worked
but it likely that seniors will have to attend some days after they
cross the stage for graduation on May 15th.
of Personnel to Fill Current Vacancies:
--a) MS Gym Lunchroom Manager. -- Dana Pelton
(snackbar is actually in cafeteria)
15) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Administrative Persobbel,
Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1) of the Open Meeting Law, so the board
may return to open session and amend Superintendent's and Asst. Superintendent's
current contracts, and vote to hire administrative personnel for FY2008.
16-17-18) ... executive session transition ...
19) Vote to approve superintendent's recommendation to hire Administrative
Personnel for FY2008 and amend Superintendent's and Asst. Superintendent's
contracts. The current administrative team was
hired to continue next year also. An adjustment was made to the retirement
funds paid for Mr. Herald and Mr. Due which the auditor noted had been
underpaid by mistake for years. An adjustment was made for this year.
Mr. Herald indicated he (nor Mr. Due or Mr. Creech) had no intention
of requesting the adjustment for previous years.
20) Assistant Superintendent's Report. -- Terry
on the fence for the track. Some grading corrections in one location.
The final surface still needs 5 days of 50+ degrees and rising before
application. Track students are using the asphalt surface in the meantime.
building progress continues: duct work, plumbing, fire suppression
systems, exterior sheathing, etc. May have paving soon.
camera systems being studied for additions at each campus.
21) Superintendent's Report.
-- Pat Herald's report:
George Sallee family has renewed discussions with the school on an
arrangement for land east of the high school (for possible parking
school principal Kelly Hamlin has missed some time helping her son
Jack regain his health after a lengthy illness.
Mr. Coleman has filled in and done a fine job.
is fortunate (& proud) to have 5 nationally certified teachers.
board election Feb. 13th (Hampton & Storm running for post # 2)
Rule reported Chance Riley and David Chester will be signing football
letters of intent this Wednesday.
CHS basketball teams are leading the conference ... the girls are
undefeated in conference play ... the boys are tied with Mannford
testing at CHS Feb. 6th
23) New Business -- none