This page sponsored in part
(email questions/comments to email@example.com).
Ted Wright -- last update 2/3/2005 (chamberFeb3.html)
Copyright 2005 -- Collinsville,
City Manager Addressed Chamber Of Commerce
3 Ribbon Cuttings Followed
|This web site is brought to you by
Museum In Collinsville and the other advertisers appearing on these
pages. If you would like to provide content or advertisements ...
call Ted Wright (918) 371-1901 or send email to
Whitlock Warned GRDA->City Electrical Rates Will Increase
Chamber President looks for something big to cut.
Collinsville's new city
manager has only been on the job for 5 weeks but helped bring the Chamber
members up-to-speed on a variety of city related topics:
* Corporation Commission hearing Feb 22nd on SK&O
railroad eye sores and safety issues.
* Potential renewal of discontinued city recycling program with help from
* Status on City Hall-Fire-EMS building construction: target completions:
May 2005 for Fire-EMS and Thanksgiving 2005 for City Hall.
* Potential for new animal shelter building
* GRDA's rates for electrical service to the city will increase in July and
be passed on the citizens.
* EPA mandated improvements to sanitary sewer system are anticipated.
Mr. Whitlock stated he
was impressed with the efforts of the Collinsville Downtown, Inc. (Main Street)
organization and their effort to help promote & improve the unique historical
downtown in Collinsville.
& Founder's Day Together in 2005
Dugger announced the 60th Annual Collinsville Tri-County Fair and Founder's
Day would be combined this year. The fair will run Aug. 17-20 with Founder's
Day on Sat. Aug. 20th. The Collinsville Roundup Club's Bill Hooker Memorial
Rodeo might also be that same weekend.