The Regularly Scheduled
School Board Meeting for
Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6,
was held at 7pm December 6, 2004 with all members
execpt Joe Hampton.
1) Call to Order and Roll
Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent.
3) Presentation by the Constituency.
4) Reading of Minutes - November 8, 2004 Regular Meeting.
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders - FY 2005 General,
Building, Child Nutrition Funds and All District Funds - Approval of Budgets,
Reports, Allocations and Investments.
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fund-raisers.
7) Discussion of Professional Development Program - Michelle Borthick.
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve School Board Meeting Dates for Calendar
a) Shann Littleton, Full time to Part Time, Bus Driver only.
b) Tena Thompson, Full-time to Part-time, Bus Driver only.
10) Hiring of Personnel:
a) Sharon Linzy, Bus Driver, Full-time.
b) Melissa Admire, Teachers' Aide, Full-time.
11) Vote to Approve Affidavit of Identity of School District No. 32 of Rogers
County, Oklahoma a.k.a. Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District
I-6, Tulsa County, Oklahoma.
12) Resolution to Declare Surplus and No Longer Needed Lots 1,2,3,10,11,12
Block 18 Highland Park Addition.
13) Janitorial Services Report - Kelly Hamlin, MS Principal.
14) Discussion and Vote to Hire Crossroads Commercial Cleaning for ECC Custodial
15) Vote to Authorize Pat Herald, Superintendent and Terry Due, Assistant
Superintendent Purchase Authority to State Limits.
16) Discussion and Vote to Authorize Terry Due to Sign Transfer Forms.
I missed all of this meeting prior to near the end of item 17 ... covering
the City Commission meeting -- Ted)
17) Assistant Superintendent's Report:
Mr. Creech indicated the construction of the new middle
school building has lost 15 days due to the recent rainy season. All of the
construction sub contractors will meet Tuesday to plan activities when the
rain finally does stop. There are 400 loads of dirt to haul in to raise the
18) Superintendent's Report:
Discussion and planning continues on changes to allow
more middle school athletic practice time (currently only about 25 minutes
per day). A decision is likely at the Jan. or Feb. schol board meeting. The
change will ripple across most academic, athletic, band and transportation
schedules (at both HS & MS). A first hour
practice time slot (which can occasionally expand into zero hour) is the goal.
Basketball practice with two teams sharing the same gym (i.e. half court or
cross court practice) is one of the few unavoidable drawbacks according to
Athletic Director Bill Rule.
Mr. Herald thanked Assistant Superintendent Craig Creech
for his many years of service to the Collinsville School System as this was
his last official school board meeting before his resignation takes place.
Mr. Creech said he had been in education for 35 years. He came to Collinsville
as a teacher with plans to stay just 1 year, but liked it here stayed instead.
He has been in the Assistant Superintendent's role for the past 19 & 1/2
years. Herald indicated Craig would likely be put on contract to help finish
out several unfinished projects for a few months next year. Terry Due will
be the Assistant Superintendant in January.
Fain and Donna Myers received their national teacher acreditation giving Collinsville
a total of 5 teacher to reach that level which will provide them with an extra
$5,000 per year from the State Department.
20) New Business:
Resignation of Melodie Royale accepted