Livestock Rules and Regulations
2017 Collinsville Tri-County Fair
1. Only registered 4-H and FFA members (including cloverbuds) may show livestock.
2. If required, registration papers in the exhibitors name must be provided for animals they are exhibiting.
3. Exhibitor must
show their own animal.
5. Before leaving, area should be cleared of all debris and left as found.
6. All property of every character entered for competition or any other purpose, or being anywhere on the fairgrounds, shall be under the control of the Fair Board. In no case shall the Fair Board be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury of any character or to any such property while under their control, or at any time or place.
7. The Tri-County Fair Board reserves the right to interpret these rules and regulations and to arbitrarily settle all questions or disputes arising in connection with the Tri- County Fair to be held under the management of this Board.
8. Under no circumstances will any drug or drugs be administered to animals while at the Tri-County Fair.
9. All protests must be made in writing and accompanies by a $50 cash deposit. Deposit will be forfeited if protest is not sustained. The said protest must state plainly the cause of the complaint and must be filed with the Department Superintendent within 30 minutes after the award is made and ribbon is placed.
10. Superintendents shall have the discretion to divide market animals into weight classes and number of animals per class as deemed necessary to make the show fair and equitable for the majority of the participants.
11. No alcohol beverages
allowed on the premises.
Collinsville Tri-County Fair --
(Detailed Show Information)
- Word Doc
|While the Tri-County Fair Board will use all diligence and every precaution to ensure the safety of exhibits, the Fair Board will in NO CASE be responsible for any loss or damage which may occur.|
|71st Collinsville Tri-County Fair|
The Collinsville Tri-County Fair will take place this week, August 17-19 at the fairgrounds, 10th & Center. We welcome all junior exhibitors (4-H and FFA students) as they bring their prize livestock to compete for ribbons and premium money. Our small town fair offers a great opportunity for all competitors, especially first time exhibitors as they gain valuable experience in the show ring.
Last year, 4-H and FFA groups from forty-one communities exhibited approximately 400 animals at the Tri-County Fair. If our milder weather holds, we anticipate a bigger turnout this year.
Fairgrounds .. 10th & Center (all shows in fair barn)
Here is some history surrounding the first annual fair. The Collinsville Community Fair, as it was known in 1946, was a two day event. The domestic arts and horticulture exhibits were located in the Veterans Building. The livestock competition was one day only and included five breeds of dairy cattle. The judging took place in the Collinsville Community Sale barn (located just west of the railroad track on Main Street). In 1947, land was leased from the City and construction began on the fair barns. To fund the Fair, ads were sold and were a part of the premium book published each year. The name was changed to the Collinsville Tri-County Fair, which included Rogers, Tulsa and Washington County. Today, competition is open to all junior exhibitors.
We appreciate the Public Works crew, City of Collinsville, for their efforts in mowing and weed eating the area surrounding the fairgrounds as we prepare for the fair. The addition of gravel east of the fair barn is welcome as trucks and trailers will have more space to park, especially during our busiest show day, Saturday.
We extend our thanks to all contributors: American Bank of Oklahoma, Brown Sod Farms, LLC, Darlington Ingredients, Inc., Dr Len Hart, Home Town Real Estate, Schultheiss Insurance, The Feed Store, Rogers County Bank, Rogers County Fair Board, Mid America Feed, Inc., Sonic, Pet Smart.
FFA Alumni will be in charge of the fair barn concession stand. An animal
show supply business will be set up to assist exhibitors with last minute
needs. This is year marks the 3rd year the fair board will have a special
t-shirt designed and given to each exhibitor with their entry. Additional
t-shirts will be available for purchase at the fair for $10 each.
For further fair information, check out cvilleok.com - Tri-County Fair. We are also on facebook.com/pages/Collinsville Tri-County Fair.
Submitted by Susan Worstell(8/11/2017)