Memory Ostrander was absent - while Stout,Johnson, Morrison & Reed
4) Consent agenda approved with one minor correction to previous minutes.
5) Tabled - Auditors report postponed until February meeting per Patten's
6) The bid of OSRMT was approved. OSRMT was the existing carrier. OSIG
was the only other bidder and were considered due to a difference in
earthquake/flood coverage. The board decided an extra $7K for earthquake
coverage was not necessary. One covered man-made quakes, the other didn't.
7) Building Site Reports:
* HS (Kiker)
-- All-State Band (4) and All-State Choir (3) members noted
-- Tulsa Tech agreement reached for Collinsville based pre-engineering
classes with 1/2 day instructor here. Saves travel hour for students.
-- Chrome Book pilot program already started in DeLozier & Pabitzky
-- Now have PSAT results from last year - look good (94% achieved some
-- CHS senior Noah Salazar on State Superintendent's student group
* MS (Harp)
-- Looking for alternatives to lack of printed text books
-- Two teachers nearly paperless in pilot programs (Cook & Gregory)
* 6th/Alt (Keim)
-- 11 alternative students have graduated so far
-- 37 alternative students enrolled now (4 new today from HS + 1 new
-- De-escalation and Google training for staff
* CUE (Stacy ill) -- no report
* Herald (Hunt)
-- Dibbles Benchmark #2 ...out of 201 third graders ... most already
meeting reading goals
-- Named Certified Healthy School with excellent rating - working with
-- Received new projectors for Smartboards
-- Internally mentoring ... kids helping other kids
-- Bingo fundraiser Feb. 23 at Herald
* ECC (Boomer)
-- Professional development -de-escalation training and motor skills
lab (kids with so much more screentime develop differently than in years
past -- lacking some simple skills that would have been gained running
and playing instead)
Wendell Johnson approved to continue as board's legislative liason ...
although he reports mostly talking to "deaf-ears" there.
9) Policy changes approved: removed policies no longer needed with state
elimination of EOI and geography testing. Also approved the meal charge
policy as discussed at the previous meeting.
10) Surplus vehicle list approved -- included 6 old buses which had
just been used for spare parts for years; Suburban; white drivers' ed
car; Massey Fuguson and John Deer tractors; old maroon pickup once used
by Creech-Due-West. Sealed bids are likely disposal method. Also 2 old
vans will have seats removed to be used instead by technology / maintenance
folks for transporting equipment.
11) Six lawn maintenance bids received ... but tabled action until next
month ... and still weighing option to bring task back "in-house"
and hire an employee (have 3 applicants) for 8 months lawn maintenance
then help building maintenance. Michael Pitts had the previous contract.
12) ... check back for a press release honoring the service of our school
board members ...
13) Directors Reports:
* Hamlin (Testing) -- Junior test vendor still not named
* Reser (CNP) -- National pizza month; trying turkey wraps; Healthy
* Crutchfield (Financial) -- Mid-term adjustment from state better than
expected but could still be less if state revenue "failures"
like last year -- up 64 students from last year's totals.
Lance West's Superintendent Report --
* Expenses down ... potential for $600K carryover ... depending on state
* Still interviewing for CNP director replacemet (or contracting CNP
* Still working plans for refoofing portions of HS & baseball building
* Rolloff dumpsters filled during holidays (trash and recycling)
* Technology installed 40 projectors
* New sound system at Herald (speakers in ceiling)
* H.S. Chromebooks
* No school Jan. 16th
* Jan. 28th Chamber & Baseball banquets
* Miss Collinsville Jan 21 at HS
* Feb. 14th school board election
* Attended Ted Wright history photo slideshow at Chamber Commerce Jan.
* Girls Basketball 2-1 at Tournament of Champions. M. Vaughn all-tournament.
* Boys Basketball 2nd at Oologah tournament. S. Boomer all-tournament.
* Wrestlers did well at Geary Tournament (nation's oldest) ... won by
Blair, New Jersey team
* Levi Draper played at Army All-American Bowl game in San Antonio,
* Riley: "lots of firsts" ... including more D1 signings
* Nate Keim contacted by Ohio State wrestling but already committed
* Christian Moody (CHS 2015) named Big 12 Wrester of the Week
* Cherokee Nation to help partner on upgrades at HS parking lot (paving
Wright comments in purple