August 14, 2017 6:00 PM
Collinsville Public Schools
1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Meeting School Board
for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the above date.
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1. Call to Order and Roll Call of Members
2. Record of Members Present and Absent. --
Present: Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Bess (& Absent: Reed)
3. Request to Address the Board. -- none
4. Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items a-f of the
--a. Approval of the 7/10/2017 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
--b. Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Order- FY
2017 and FY 2018 General and Building Funds, All District Funds, Building
Bonds 35- Approval of Budgets , Reports, Allocations and Investments
--c. Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
--d. Approval of the Activity Fund Handbook Changes.
--e. Approval of Deregulations for FY2018- Adjunct Teacher
--f. Approval of the 2017-2018 School Year Policy of Not less than
1080 School Hours.
--g. Approval of the Junior Achievement of Oklahoma, Inc. Contract
(Biztown) for the 2017-2018 School Year
--h. Approval of the Activity Funds Accounts for 2017-2018.
--i. Approval of the Contract for Career Technology Education Programs.
--j. Approve the Tulsa Community College MOU for Concurrent Enrollment
Programs for FY18.
--k. Approve Meal Prices for the 2017-2018 School Year.
--l. Approval of Lance West, Superintendent, Authorization to Sign
All Current Year Expenditures Reports, Disbursements and Cash Receipts
Filed with the OSDE for the Purpose and Objectives Set Forth in Terms
and Conditions for the Federal Awards.
--m. Approval of IEP Service Agreement with Tulsa Public Schools
--n. Approval of Surplus No longer Needed
Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the Board
of Education Policy Book. -- Approved
* Remove Old Policy 3.191
* Remove Old Policy 3.191.1
* Remove Old Policy 6.18
* Replacing Old Policy 3.25 With New Policy 3.25 (Academic Credit)
* Replacing Old Policy 4.39 With New Policy 4.39 (Wellness Policy)
* Add New Policy 4.52 (ChildNutrition Families)
* Replacing Old Policy 5.6 With New Policy 5.6 (Document Retention)
* Add New Policy 6.18 (CNP Employees)
* Replacing Old Policy 6.31 With New Policy 6.31 (Drug
Testing Employees) ... now all employees
are subject to testing ... not just bus drivers
6. Approval of the 2017-2018 Collinsville Schools Coaches Manual.
7. Discussion and Vote to Approve the 2017-2018 Student Handbooks.
(HS, MS, Wilson, Elementary, Alt Ed) -- Approved
8. Vote to Convene in Executive Session --
6:16 - 6:47pm
9. Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session
10. Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement
11. Resignations: -- Accepted
--a. Hamilton Hernandez- HS Spanish Teacher
--b. Barbara Tiry- HS Paraprofessional
--c. Toni Herriman- HS Math Teacher
--d. Rita Hart-CNP
--e. Deborah Kerr- CNP
--f. Kelly Bush- 4th Grade Teacher
--g. Victoria Lawrence- HS Paraprofessional
--h. Keri Houts- Library Asst- Herald
12. Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
(see new teacher page)
--a. Mikailyn Elliot- Spanish Teacher
--b. Shanna Ward- CNP
--c. Virginia Kindle-CNP
--d. Andrea Villines-Sokol- HS Counselor
--e. Haylee Yates- CNP
--f. Tanner Robb- HS Goverment Teacher
--g. Suzie Pendley- 4th Grade Teacher
--h. Keri Houts- HS Math Teacher
--i. Zachary Jewell- Bus Driver
--j. Sara Stevens- Third Grade Teacher
13. Directors Report
-- Julie Crutchfield reported on the budget
analysis for the past 5 years. Expects payroll and technology costs
to increase this year.
-- Kelly Hamlin reported on the new "menu style" professional
day for teachers (Aug. 14th) and called it the best ever.
14. Superintendent's Report -- Lance West reported
on these topics:
* Averaging ~200 students per grade for the first time
* More electives than ever at high school
* Tulsa Tech paid for pre-engineering room upgrades at CHS
15. Announcements -- Pastor Mark Whitley introduced
himself to the school board as the new minister at Collinsville Meadowcreek
United Methodist Church. He stated that
the church had just 50 served students with back to school needs ...
and asked the board "what else can we do?".
16. New Business --none
17. Adjournment -- 7:01pm
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent
Posted this 11th day of August, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. on the door of the
Education Service Center, 1902 W Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.