1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested
in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board Meeting for Collinsville
Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make plans to attend
the meeting at the following date, time and place to wit:
Date: May 9, 2016
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting to
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
Absent (Morrison) & Present (Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, and Reed)
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Consent Agenda:
Discussion and Vote to Approve Items a)-h) of the Consent Agenda:
--a) Approval of the April 11, 2016 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
--b) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2016 General and Building Funds, All District Funds Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
--c) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
--d) Approval of the Contract with Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation
Services for iJobs Summer Work Experience 2016
--e) Approval of the Contract with Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation
Services for Transition School-to-Work: Work Study for 2016-2017.
--f) Approve the Changes to the Board of Education Policy Book. (2nd
-----1) #2.71 Facility Use Agreement -- increased
-----2) #5.21 Employee Fundraising -- new GoFund
Me type accounts
--g) Approve the Memorandum of Understanding with Impact of Tulsa
--h) Approve the Contract with the Tulsa Zoo for Prom April 2017.
and Vote to Approve Lease/Purchase Agreement for 2017 with American
Bank of Oklahoma for Band Instruments- 1 Annual Payment (Building
Fund) -- Approved, the band is growing ...
replacing and adding tubas & baritones ... $33K over 4 years
6) Proposed Executive
Session to Discuss Resignations and Hiring of Career Certified Staff
(as attached) Pursuant to 25 O.S. § 307 (B) (1) of the Open Meeting
Law, so that the Board May Return to Open Session And Vote to Accept
or Not Accept Resignations and Hiring of Career Certified Teachers
(as attached) for the 2016-2017 School Year.
7) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
8) Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
9) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
-- I left when the executive session begam
at ~6:03pm to cover the soccer awards
... and the superintendent's report was in progress when I returned
-- Ted Wright
10) Discussion and Vote to Hire the Career Certified Teachers (as
attached) for the 2016-2017 School Year.
--a) Sara Stevens- 2nd Grade Teacher
--b) Jennifer Morgan 3rd Grade Teacher
--c) Cheryl Hewlett- MS Counselor
--d) Jackie Hass- 6th Grade Computer Teacher
--e) Jon Coleman- HS Principal
12) Director Reports
13) Superintendents Report. -- Lance
West reported on these topics:
* Graduation events schedule
* Looking into E-Meeting software to automatically generate minutes
of board meets
-- (via OSSBA)
-- searchable database
-- will then train staff & board
-- $2K first year ... then $1K following years
* Paper drive started to try to save $'s ... last year's paper bid
was $17K for 640 cases
* Robin Knight - possible electronic donation setup - for curriculum
supplies (AMber - via American Bank or GoFundMe) or Amazon account
* Collinsville Education Foundation grants more important in this
budget crisis (June
13th golf) ... need sponsors and teams
* HS Principal search committee - parents / teachers / Dale Harp to
* Hope to hire new HS principal and set budgets at June 1st (bond
sale) special board meet
* All transfers in onhold ... same as last year ... district wide
-- April revenue higher than last year
-- This school year should be OK ...next year is major worry ... prepare
for worst ... hope for better
-- Will make cuts to support & admin contracts -- fewer work days
(keep job and benefits but 3 to 5% pay cuts) ... will save ~$300 -$350K
-- Can't cut certified pay (by law) ... but expect savings by attrition
... not filling most resignition positions
* Girls golf 2nd in state ... boys Bailey Stamper
in top 5 after 1st day
* Tennis sending 4 girls to state
* Boys tennis at regionals -- Reynolds won -- Arnold might qualify
* Great baseball team 28-11 record
* 14 boys to state track + 8 or 9 girls
* Boys soccer missed playoffs by 1 game (3
soccer All-State: Bell, Rairdon, & Ray)
15) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted). --
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 6th day of May 2016 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education
Service Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.