1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested
in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board Meeting for Collinsville
Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make plans to attend
the meeting at the following date, time and place to wit:
Date: June 13,
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting to
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order
and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
Wendell Johnson was absent (Present: Stout, Ostrander, Morrison &
3) Requests to Address the Board.
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items a-) k) of
the Consent Agenda:
a) Approval of the May 9, 2016 Regular Board Meeting Minutes and June
1, 2016 Special Board Meeting Minutes.
b) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2016 General and Building Funds, All District Funds and Sinking
Fund Approval of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
c) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached
d) Approval of Surplus and No Longer Needed by District
---1) ECC- Laminator (broken)
---2) MS- Band Uniforms
---3) Vo-Ag/FFA Textbooks
e) Approval of the Professional Development Plan for 2016-2017.
f) Approval of the School Messenger Contract for 2016-2017.
g) Approval of the Memorandum of Understanding with Oklahoma Department
of Career Tech for 2016-2017. (Lottery Grant/STEM)
h) Approval of OSSBA Membership for the 2016-2017 School Year.
i) Approval of the Memorandum of Understanding from the Tulsa Technology
Center for the 2016-2017 School Year.
j) Approval of Student Transportation Contract with Tulsa Technology
Center for 2016-2017.
k) Approval of Outside Contracts for the 2016-2017 School Year.
---1) Integrative Physical Therapy, P.C.
---2) Cindy Lumpkin, Visual Impaired Consultant
---3) River Parks Developmental Center
---4) Carlyn Heinrichs, Speech Therapy Services
---5) A Work in Progress Therapies, P.C.
5) Discussion and First Read of the Board of Education Policy Changes.
--a) 3.24 Child Find -- nothing new just written
down now ... required for age 3-21
--b) 4.29 Student Overnight and Out-of-State Activity/Athletic Travel
and Trips -- Revised: distance & non-school
vehicles (boosters can still pay) -- will add language to waive for
6) Discussion and Vote to Accept Workers Compensation Contract for
2016-2017 -- Approved the low bid of OSAG ($55K)
... more and better bids after Oklahoma revised workers comp -- big
savings in premium compared to just a few years ago.
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Changes for 2016-2017
-- Approved, splits girls and boys cross country
funds. And adds new account #906 for donations to school (for example
TTCU and American Bank are both currently setting up donation systems)
8) Discussion and Vote to Transfer Funds from Activity Fund Acct #817
to New Account #815. -- Approved, divides evenly
$75 left in the cross country fund.
9) Proposed Executive
Session to Discuss Hiring of Support Employees (as attached) and Pursuant
to 25 O.S. § 307 (B) (1) of the Open Meeting Law, so that the
Board May Return to Open Session And Vote to Hire or Not Hire Support
Employees (as attached) for the 2016-2017 School Year. --
10) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
11) Acknowledgement Returning Board to Open Session.
12) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
13) Discussion and Vote to Approve Superintendents Recommendation
to Hire or Not Hire Support Employees for FY 2016-2017. --
Approved hiring all support employees.
14) Resignations: -- Accepted
a) Mary Lou Wellington- CNP
15) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Susan Emmitt- MS Special Ed Teacher --
son in school here already
--b) Aaron Prickett MS Science Teacher --
from Owasso (15 years)
--c) Karen Loewe- MS English Teache -- from
Arkansas (and Catoosa) - JrHi Basketball
--d) Roland (Trey) Goodwin- Wilson Computer Teacher --
from Owasso / Enid / Cimmaron
16) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to Set Special School Board
Meeting for Late June 2016 -- Approved, 6pm
Monday June 27th for end of school year financials... etc
17) Discussion and Vote to Approve Recommendation to Reconfigure Contracted
Calendar Days for 2016-2017. -- Approved, the
shortened school year (7-8 days shorter) ... has 250 or 245 or 235
days for differening support employment types.
18) Discussion and Vote to Approve Certified, Support and Extra Duty
Salary Schedules. -- Approved, adjusted for
19) Directors Reports
* Reser -- CNP OK
* Hamlin -- will likely have more to report soon after new (state
education) rules settle
* Crutchfield -- expect end of year reports at first July meet
* Riley -- nothing to report
20) Superintendents Report. -- Lance West
reported on these topics:
* Governor signed state funding bills -- public education labled as
flat but lost text book funding and already had revenue failures (not
* Staff has done great this year with cutting spending ...may be able
to increase carryover for next year
* Tulsa Teachers Credit Union ... working onwebsite for donations
* Fair Labor Standards Act -- overtime levels changed -- teachers
are exempt ... don't get overtime
* CEF Golf Tournament was today ... will fund teacher grants
21) Announcements. -- none
22) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted). --
23) Adjournment. -- 7:31pm
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 10th
day of June 2016 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.