Next Year's Budget Approved
Development Director To Become Full-Time Employee
1.Call to Order.
3. Flag Salute.
4. Roll Call. -- (Absent: Bateman) + (Left Early after item 13: Garrett) + (Present: Shafer, Francis and York)
5. Consent: All matters under Consent are considered by the City Commission to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Commissioner may, however, remove an item from consent by request. A motion to approve the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
Approval of Minutes from June 6, 2016 Regular Meeting.
6. Discussion and possible action concerning items removed from the Consent Agenda. -- n/a
7. Discussion and possible action to adopt Ordinance Number 902, an ordinance accepting, adding and annexing to the City of Collinsville, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, all that certain real estate being more particularly described hereinafter; providing that said real estate shall be part of the City of Collinsville, Oklahoma, and all persons residing therein, if any, and all property situated therein, shall be subject to the jurisdiction, control, laws and ordinances of the City of Collinsville, Oklahoma. (West of North Memorial Drive on South side of Highway 20.) -- This annexation appeared to have been approved with Commissioners, Garrett, Shafer and Francis voting yes (Bateman absent and Mayor York only viotes to break tie) ... but City Attorney Ken Underwood reminded the commission a few items later in the agenda that more than a 60% majority of the full commission was required. A housing addition is planned with two phases of homes to be built. Brian Green is planning to purchase. Commissioner Shafer mentioned this was the first annexation he had been involved with (since joining the commission in Jan. 2012).
8. First reading of Ordinance Number 903. -- First reading only as not all commissioners present to declare emergency (in item 9-10 below). The revised city lake ordinance had previously been published and then passed but a clerical error was found (an incorect paragraph number) so the process of publication / approval is being repeated. (I believe this is to allow non-motorized boats at city lake?. -- Ted)
9. Discussion and possible action to adopt Ordinance Number 903, an ordinance relating to parks, recreation and cultural affairs, Part 2, Chapter 38, Article 4 City Lake, revising and replacing section 38-109 penalty, providing for severability, repealing all ordinances in conflict herewith and declaring an emergency and effective date. -- skipped
10. Discussion and possible action declaring Ordinance Number 903 an emergency for the purpose of preserving the public health, safety and/or peace making it effective immediately upon passage and publication. -- skipped
11. Discussion and possible action to approve Collinsville Facility User Agreement. -- Approved, for rental of the now city owned and remodeled Veterans Building near 9th and Main. Residents will get a 50% reduction in cost -vs- non-residents.
12. Discussion and possible action to approve Bridge Replacement Bid in the amount of $596,804 to Meridian Contracting, Inc. -- Approved, the bridges (one near the park on 19th and the other on 12th near the day care) will be replaced with concrete box structures and a pedestrial walkway on the east side with a barrier between the roadway and a handrail on the outer side. The bids were opened May 12th and ranged from Meridain's low bid ($596K) and $786K. Meridian is a national company with an Oklahoma office in Norman. The bridge elevations will remain the same and the storm water capacity through the 3-cell--box structures should be improved. The "standard" load limit of 2 fully loaded semi-trucks will be supported.
Discussion and possible action to approve Change Order 01 on Bridge
Replacement Project in the amount of $38,675.65.
-- Approved, the same contractor (Meridian) will also replace / relocate
6-inch city water lines near the two bridges during construction of
item 12 above.
PUBLIC HEARING on proposed Fiscal Year 2016-2017 General Fund Budget.
-- No public comments or questions were received
but the city manager provided the following key points about the upcoming
15. Discussion and possible action to approve Fiscal Year 2016-2017 General Fund Budget by approving Resolution Number 2016-06. -- Approved
City Managers Report. -- Pam Polk mentioned
17. Adjournment. -- 6:33pm
2. Roll Call. -- Absent: Bateman & Garrett + (Present: Shafer, York, Francis)
3. Consent: All matters under Consent are considered by the Board of Trustees to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. Any Trustee may, however, remove an item from consent by request. A motion to approve the Consent Agenda is non-debatable.
--A. Approval of
Minutes from June 6, 2016 Regular Meeting.
5. PUBLIC HEARING on proposed Fiscal Year 2016-2017 CMA Fund Budget. -- No public comments or questions. Comments from city manager similar to city budget above ... just about flat budget similar to last year ...
6. Discussion and possible action to approve Fiscal Year 2016-2017 CMA Fund Budget by approving Resolution Number 2016-07. -- Approved
7. Public Works Directors Report. -- Phil Stowell mentioned a low water pressure issue occurred last Friday (June 17) which was due to a sensor problem at the water plant.
8. Adjournment. -- 6:36pm
|Ted Wright comments in purple.|