1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School
Board Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District
I-6, should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date,
time and place to wit:
Date: July 11, 2016
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All Present: Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Morrison, & Reed
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- None
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items a)- f) of
the Consent Agenda:
--a) Approval of the June 27, 2016 Special Board Meeting Minutes
--b) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2016 and FY 2017 General and Building Funds, All District Funds
and Sinking Fund Approval of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and
--c) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
--d) Approval of the Athletic Head Coaches for 2016-2017.
--e) Approval of Out-of-State Travel Requests (2 Wrestling)
--f) Approval of the School Activity Fund Handbook Changes.
5) Presentation of the District Wellness Report- Andrea Reser. --
Andrea reported on these (& other) topics:
* The US is in a youth health crisis ... there are many things Collinsville
Schools are doing to try and help ... from a multitude of activities
to more healthy school food choices
-- a few examples are:
- Changing to an all-beef hamburger (dropped soy and no one noticed)
- taste panels (at Herald for example and salad bar for the students
- more veggies at the high school level
- "you are what you eat"
and Vote to Approve CNP Bids FY 2017:
--a) Grocery -- Performance bid accepted --
split out fresh produce and trying 2nd bid cycle
--b) Milk -- Bordan bid accepted
--c) Pizza -- Mazzios bid accepted -- keeps
money local and fast delivery from local shop
--d) Chemicals -- Masco bid accepted (dishwasher
chemicals for example)
7) Discussion and Possible Action on Bids and Purchases for Maintenance
Supplies for FY2017-- Accepted Supply Works
bid (they already have dispenders in our buildings) - Tulsa
8) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Resignations, Hiring of Personnel,
and Reassignment of Personnel Pursuant to 25 OS§ 307 (B) (1)
of the Open Meeting Law, so that the Board May Return to Open Session
And Vote to Accept or Not Accept Resignations and Hiring of Personnel.
9) Vote to Convene in Executive Session. --
10) Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
11) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
--a) Beverly Craig- Herald- 3rd Grade Teacher --
Dist. Teacher of Year ... moving to Detroit for husband's new job
--b) Karl Koppenhaver- Bus Driver -- Drove a
tech route, health issues
13) Hiring of
Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Principal- Collinsville Upper Elementary --
Alrin Stacy had a change of heart about leaving and was rehired thru
an extensive search process including 35 applicants (12 were interviewed)
--b) Michelle Brown- HS Counselor -- had already
been working with our high needs students for past 8 years on contract
14) Director Reports
-- Julie Crutchfield -- defer to Lance's financial report below
-- Kelly Hamlin -- expect many policy updates in August ... to match
-- Jim Riley -- defer to announcements below
-- Andrea Reser -- already covered topics in wellness report above
15) Superintendents Report. -- Lance West
reported on these topics:
* Now "encouraged" by outlook for next year ... and Collinsville
schools' ability to weather possibly more state revenue failures and
cuts ... due to team effort to keep spending less than income for
past two-three years. About a million dollar carryover will provide
some margin for next year's uncertainty. Very proud of everyone in
the district for their efforts to make that possible.
* No one was fired, some were not replaced after resignation/retirement
* Unexpected significant savings on worker's comp premium
* Working on additional ways to keep the school "public"
informed ... will be expanding into Twitter
social media ... and a few web site adjustments with roles of Ted
Wright and Larry Meece. Check back for more info on that as it evolves.
* Jim Riley: our students continue to excel
in all areas
* All-State Games
in last week of July - Roc Robbins football July 29th (at Union) and
Justin Walker wrestling July 27th (at Sapulpa). Three Soccer All-Staters
already played in June.
* National level honors for Levi Draper (Nike Opening 7 on 7 football)
and Mallory Vaughn named Adidas All-American in basketball
* Increased level of Division 1 athletics interest and potential signings
this year anticipated
* 5 CHS Coaches were Region 7 Coach of Year
17) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted).
-- Approved: Hire of Ken Chronister part-time
for ELL & School Safety Report -- recent retiree
-- Approved: Hire 3 new janitors to work directly for the district
instead of hiring contractor (Teresa Pitts at Herald/CUE, Kim Rowe
at MS, and Angela Zittenfield). In addition to 4 others already working
for the district ... and they will be under the direction of Phil
-- Accepted the resignation of Ed Coats as bus driver (he has already
moved out of state).
-- Approved two agreements with "Youth
Care". One for contracted (written into IEPs) mental health care
(~10 hours per week) and free backup help for the high school counselors.
The discussion included the new roles of Michelle Brown and Dawn Martinez
and Keelie Tesar.
Approved paying $1100 for Suburban
School Association for advocacy support at state level. Had been piggybacking
Owasso/Oologah's use of that service.
18) Adjournment. -- 8:28pm
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 8th
day of July 2016 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.