1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School
Board Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District
I-6, should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date,
time and place to wit:
Date: April 11, 2016
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All Present: Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Morrison, Reed
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items #1- #3 of
the Consent Agenda:
--a) Approval of the March 7, 2016 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
--b) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2015 General and Building Funds, All District Funds Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
(including $33K to Chickasaw Telecom)
--c) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
--d) Approval of MOU with Owasso Public Schools for the iJobs Program
for the Summer of 2016.
--e) Approval of the School Wide Plans for
----1) Wilson 6th Grade Center
----2) Collinsville Upper Elementary
----3) Herald Elementary
--f) Approval of Transfer of Funds from Activity Account HS Concession
#944 to Activity Account All Sports #819
5) Presentation by Brewer Construction on Building Projects
-- Final presentation by Chad Brewer for the completed Upper Elementary
& High School projects. A few small warranty issues on kitchen
items are only loose ends remaining.
6) Board to consider and take possible action, in the absence of the
President and/or Clerk, to appoint an acting President and/or acting
Clerk for the School District to execute any and all documents pertaining
to setting the maturities, date, time and place of the bond sale.
7) Board to consider and take action on a resolution determining the
maturities of, and setting a date, time and place for the sale of
the $2,760,000 Combined Purpose Building Bonds of this School District;
and designating bond counsel for this issuance of bonds.
-- Approved, June 1 at noon for annual bond sale.
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve Collinsville Public Schools Telephone,
Internet Connections and Wan Services Bids for Fiscal Year 2016-2017.
-- Discussion but no vote. Presentation by
Technology Director Kim Myers about the complicated but beneficial
E-Rate (federal) 70% funding process
(and additional state funding) that allows schools to have internet
capabilities that would not be affordable otherwise. Cox is the current
provider and has made a significant investment in the Collinsville
school equipment. AT&T and Bixby Broadband & Telecom are also
bidding on the phone system. E-Rate funding for phone is 40% this
year but drops to 10% next year.
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Temporary Appropriations for the
Fiscal Year 2016-2017. -- Approved (very low
estimate given uncertain state funding).
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the District Board of
Education Policy Book. -- "First Reading"
only for potential changes: 1) increases in facility use fees 2) required
wording changes for facility use "prohibited" users 3) New
policy on "crowd funding" (GoFundMe for example) internet
fundraisers ... and need to get school board approval first.
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the 2015-2016 School
Calendar. -- Approved, with four unused "snow"
days and continued cuts to state school funding, the final day of
classes for the current school year was changed from May 19th to May
13th. CHS graduation night remains May 16th and testing through May
12/13 made further cut off not feasible. The state minimum of 1080
hous will still be met. (revised
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the 2016-2017 School
Calendar. -- Approved, the start date for the
next school year was moved a week later from August 11 to August 18,
2016. May 24, 2017 will be the last day of classes. Non-attendace
Fridays in April & May 2017 would be taken if not already used
as snow days. The reduced number of attendance days will result in
needed savings with anticipated funding crisis. (revised
13) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Resignations and Hiring
of Principals and Assistant Principals, Pursuant to 25 O.S. §
307 (B) (1) of the Open Meeting Law, so that the Board May Return
to Open Session And Vote to Accept or Not Accept Resignations and
Hiring of Principals and Assistant Principals for the 2016-2017 School
14) Vote to Convene in Executive Session. --
7pm - 7:45pm session
15) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
16) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
17) Discussion and Vote to Hire the Principals and Assistant Principals
for the 2016-2017 School Year. -- Approved,
a "great group" of principals and assistants was rehired.
18) Resignations: -- Accepted
--a) Amy Garrett- MS Cheer Coach
-- b) Mandy Burd- HS Wrestling Cheer Coach
19) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Jeannie Smalygo MS Cheer Coach
20) Director Reports
-- Julie Crutchfield -- "finances not
great" ... defer to Lance West report to follow
-- Kelly Hamlin -- testing began today and will continue to end of
school. Won't have junior
class ACT results for another 4 weeks but heard positive comments
-- Angela Reser -- Have another Chef Grant (OSU) ... to increase flavor/efficency.
-- Jim Riley -- Metro Lakes Conference meeting decided to raise all
event prices to $5 (eliminating $4 student price to match the adult
price). All sports are flourishing ... but the better they do the
more it costs. Season passes were successful and expect increased
use next year. Considering a potential family pass.
21) Superintendents Report. -- Lance
West reported on these topics:
* hard to quess how bad school funding crisis will get -- have to
make plans on uncertain estimates. Guess in state funding cuts range
from ~$350K to ~$790K.
* continue cost saving efforts: not filling most vacated positions,
cuts to janitorial services, teachers cleaning their own rooms now,
cuts in lawn service, Lost our school social worker due to DHS cuts.
* Mental crisis training ... school "first responders".
Also "teen screen" for 7-8-9th graders by Mental Health
Association. 15 minute interview with followup if red flags noticed.
~25 percent had followups. May do more next year.
* CHS baseball #1 on east side of state (Shawnee
also highly rated).
* #1 tennis player in state (William Reynolds)
* #1 golfer (Nina Lee)
* Defending individual state champs in track: pole vault and mile.
* Soccer boys have chance at playoffs.
* FFA Banquet Friday ... honoring original (1974) lifetime alum group.
* Band garage sale netted $2300 towards new uniforms.
* Collinsville Educational Foundation golf
tournament will be June 13th.
* Winterguard finished 6th at state.
23) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted). --
Accepted classroom resignation of Mike Henry (who will continue coaching
duties) received early that day. Jim Riley commented that Henry was
a "rare breed that coached 3 sports for about 30 years".
24) Adjournment. -- 8:20pm
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 8th
day of April 2016 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.