1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular School Board Meeting
for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make
plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place to
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting to
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All Present: Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Morrison, Reed
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- None
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items a-c of the
--a) Approval of the September 14, 2015 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
--b) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2015 General and Building Funds, All District Funds Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
--c) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
on Building Projects- Brewer Construction --
Chad Brewer provided status on
* Upper Elementary -- final punch list nearly complete ... will fix
some cracked sidewalks during fall break; added awning for Herald
pickup; warranty manual 3-4 inch thick book (3 sets) by end of month;
just a little bit of sod work (bear spot); fix for CUE scoreboard
used for volleyball ,,, wireless connection to scoreboard; kitchen
* High School -- main gym floor redone - sealed - looks sharp - hand
rails up - bleachers start Wed. in old stage area; new wood floor
in practice gym starts Tues - lights were a few days late; locker
room floor tile; Oct 13 walk-thru for main gym for punchlist; expect
to complete both gyms by end of month; expect main gym floor to be
available for practice after bleachers are finished; lockers slow
to arrive (by practice gym); exterior work: masons done - south of
commons by canopy - concrete work to be main entry to gyms - steps
& lift to commons; north side of kitchen paved; new commons done
- some new blue tile to redo - minor kitchen issues worked; elevator
wheel chair lift into commons ready but waiting to install ; hospitality
room by main gym looks great; start cleanup of construction material
and fences; asphalt loop south of canopy later; will do damage repair
on baseball road later
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Reading Sufficiency Plan for
2015-2016 -- Approved. plan is online per Cheryl
Hunt and "no one is overlooked"; more than 80% proficient;
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve FY2016 Contract for Vocational Programs.
-- Approved, first student in Tulsa Tech aerospace
program (had been in the program at previous school) $2400 -- all
day at Riverside
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the District Board of
Education Policy Book. -- Approved, -sick leave
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Annual District Student Drop-out
Report- Jon Coleman. -- Approved, 17 total
with one reentry for last school year (1.9% still good statewide ...
but up from previous year). Many have issues with home life. Alternative
school provides options that help many stay in school. Online classes
("are a work in progress") but provide additional options.
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve Sanctioning of Booster Clubs and
PTOs. -- Approved, all but four had all of
their information in on time. Most manage
their own finances but the school gets additional insight with new
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve HS Basketball Season Ticket Proposal.
-- Approved, after a lengthy discussion and
several revisions, a plan was approved for 82 new "premium"
courtside seats for varsity basketball games. Check back for details
... expect a drawing and possibly an open house at the revised gyms
before basketball season starts.
12) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of
Certified and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1)
of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to
Open Session And Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified
Personnel for FY2016. -- N/A ... tabled execustive
13) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
14) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
15) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
16) Resignations/Terminations: -- Approved
... walked off job without resignation.
--a) Wade Willis- CNP
17) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Ed Coats- Bus Driver -- Has driven here
before ... will sub
--b) Kimberley Richerson- HS Secretary Asst.
-- replacing Shirleen Hunter at HS
18) Superintendents Report.-- Lance West
reported on these topics:
* New sidewalk at Herald - metal cover to former canvas covered outside
classroom - $9K awning to support pickup daily - all gone before 3:30
... big improvement from start of school traffic issues
* HS gym looks great -- blue lines different
* Locker room rubber floor material late
* Asphalt extend toward baseball field ... want but can't afford now
* Kept old commons A/C unit for use at MS gym
* 2729 total student count (up 24) - classroom sizes OK (ECC ~20 per
class, ~26 at Herald is a bit higher than anticipated) - 220 total
in 9th grade is largest class.
* City pointed potential buyer to school for Washington School (possibly
* Student section will be under west basket in gym (former stage /
* State status ... schools may be OK with at least $30 per barrell
oil for next year ... but following years looks bad for state funding
for schools ... with billion dollar short fall anticipated.
19) Directors Reports. -- Approved,
* Jim Riley: bus mechanic working out great
* Kelly Hamlin: testing here, reports to parents -- EOI results to
transcripts - A-F looks fine but not publicly released yet
* Andrea Reser: New HS snack bar should be ready soon under CNP control.
* Cheryl Hunt -- thank you for drop off covered
* Jim Riley -- volleyball and softball regionals this week, XC regionals
in 2 weeks, homecoming Friday
21) New Business : (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted) --
-- Approved, CNP surplus refrig/freezer at Herald ...constant repairs
... won't hold temp
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 2nd
day of October 2015 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.