1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place
Date: March 9,
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All Present: Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Morrison,and Reed
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items #1- #3 of
the Consent Agenda:
--1) Approval of the February 9, 2015 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
--2) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
--3) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2015 General and Building Funds, All District Funds Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments
-- Approved (including the nationals entry
fee for the academic team)
5) Discussion and Vote to Approve 307 Federal and State Appropriations.
-- Approved (an additiona $512K received beyond
the original estimate)
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Engagement Letter from Kerry
John Patten, C.P.A. for the 2014-2015 Fiscal Year.
-- Approved (~$10K same as last year)
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Municipal Accounting Systems
2015-2016 Software Service Agreement. -- Approved
(~$7K ... up 5% over last year)
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve the School Messenger Renewal Agreement
for 2015-2016. -- Approved (~$6K)
9) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Re-employment of the Principals,
Assistant Principals, Director of Student Activities, Director Of
Teacher/ Student Services, Director of Special Education and Finance,
and Director of Nutrition. Pursuant to Section 307 (B) (1) of the
Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to Open Session
And Vote to Rehire or Not Rehire the Principals, Assistant Principals,
Director of Student Activities, Director Of Teacher/ Student Services
,Director of Special Education and Finance, and Director of Nutrition
for the 2015-2016 School Year.
10)Vote to Convene in Executive Session. --
(6:12 to 6:56pm)
11) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
12) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
13) Vote to Re-hire or Not Re-hire the Principals, Assistant Principals,
Director of Student Activities, Director Of Teacher/ Student Services,
Director of Special Education and Finance, and Director of Nutrition
for the 2015-2016 School Year. -- Approved
re-hire of all
14) Resignations: -- Accepted
--a) Natalie Humble- CNP
--b) Art Smalygo- Volleyball Head Coach
15) Discussion and Vote to Reorganize District I-6 Board of Education.
-- Approved (leave as-is, with Steve Stout
as president, Memory Ostrander VP, and Tim Reed clerk)
16) Discussion and Vote to Declare Surplus and No Longer Needed by
--a) Junior Class Prom Decoration and Supplies
-- Approved (and also added old basketball
17) Director Reports.
-- Jim Riley: * Looking for bus routing software
* looking at feasibility of calling "late start" days instead
of complete snow day when conditions warrant
-- Cara Jones: * writing tests for spring * TLE changes * looking
at new oportunities for HS schedules * state education "attitude"
improved and positive at all levels
-- Julie Crutchfield: * met with RFR (school attorney) about sick
leave and contracts
-- Andrea Reser: CNP Grant money received ... will start smoothie
bar at HS after spring break ... will be part of regular meal options
available for either breakfast or lunch. * back to spring menus now
18) Superintendents Report. -- Lance West
reported on these topics:
* payrolls now more predictible
* Purchase orders are down ... numbers and amount
* revenues are up (slight issue with Rogers County tax collections
... expect to smooth out)
* bad weather has not hurt construction schedules ... planning site
tour for school board next month
* will add bell system and security doors at Wilson over spring break
* Herald security doors alread in place
* HS senior wing -- will retile and upgrade lockers ... twice as may
* Bond money ... all contracts signed ... some contingency funds may
free up for use on Wilson/Herald/HS projects (like aditional asphalt
* also looking at refinancing ESC building deal to package with potential
additional funds for furniture and technology and asphalt. Seven of
ten years left (with $39K yearly payment)
* legislative concerns (SB609 on vouchers for example ... couldn't
help but cut common ed funds)
* in favor of using ACT as HS standaard test instead of multiple other
expensive tests (time and $'s)
19) Announcements. -- Jim Riley announced the
CHS Basketball Girls are the 5A State Academic Champs
20) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted).
-- Approved, to make up for 4 snow days used,
May 22nd will be added as a new attendance day (changing the last
student day from May 21 to May 22) and the teacher will return May
26 for their 1/2 professional day. And 10 minutes of instruction will
be added for all students from March 11 to May 22.
-- Approved, donated
sick days (if needed) as requested by Mrs. Hass.
-- Approved, hiring of Cassie Dolan, as a lay assistant soccer coach.
Her husband has been helping with Cardinal TV commentary.
21) Adjournment. -- 8:04pm
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent of Schools
Posted this 6th
day of March 2015 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple