1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6,
should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time
and place to wit:
Date: January 12, 2015
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent.-- All
present: Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Morrison, Reed
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- None
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items #1- #3 of
the Consent Agenda:
--1) Approval of the December 8, 2014 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
--2) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
--3) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2015 General and Building Funds, All District Funds Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
5) Discussion and Review of Property Liability Insurance and Vote
to Accept Recommendation of Aaron Reinhart, AAI, Wilcox and McGrath
Insurance, Agent of Record. -- Approved
... coverage for $56 million worth of buildings
and content + liability + vehicles + embezelment + electrical/mechanical
6) Updates on Building Projects- The Stacy Group --
The board members heard positive construction status (from Jason West)
and reviewed the latest color boards and drawings for finishing touches
at the upper elementary and
high school projects.
New CHS Commons
Main CHS Gym
7) Administration Report-Jon Coleman HS Principal -- Mr Coleman
reported on continued success of the students and teachers at the
8) Presentation of the College Remediation Rates for Collinsville
High School.-Jon Coleman.
-- The report covers seniors from two years
ago (2012) and the numbers requiring remedial courses at college.
The current ACT score of 21 on math would generally allow direct enrollment
without remedial courses.
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Extra Duty Spring Coaches Assignments
-- Approved, the same head coaches as last spring
except Ben Davis is the new boys golf head coach taking over for the
retired Bob Pratt. (Baseball-Reeder, Tennis-Sparksx2, Soccer boys-Martinez,
Soccer girls-Shubert, Track boys-Tesar, Track girls-Rogers, Girls
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Extra Duty Salary Schedule
for 2014-2015. -- Approved
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve the 2015-2016 School Calendar.
-- Approved ... very similar to current year
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Legislative Liaison for the
Collinsville Board of Education. -- Approved,
Board Member Wendell Johnson
13) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Resolution For the People,
A Vision for Oklahoma Public Education. --
14) Discussion and Vote to Surplus Items from the Indian Education
Department. -- Approved (nonfunctional laminator
and scanners that only work with an application no longer in use are
samples on the list)
15) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss the employment, hiring,
appointment, promotion, demotion disciplining or resignation of certified
or classified staff, Pursuant to Section 25 O.S. § 307 (B)(1)
of the Open Meeting Law, so that the Board may return to open session
to take action on certified or classified staff.
16) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
17) Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session
18) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
-- Tabled the executive session (items 15-18)
19) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Wade Willis- Herald CNP
--b) Jaynie ODell- Special Education Teacher - MS
20) Recognition of School Board Members during the National School
Board Member Month. -- The board members were
thanked for their service and for being part of the team supporting
education in Collinsville (see
21) Directors Report.
-- CNP (Andrea Reser) topics:
* Approved as a "certified healthy school" which will facilitate
* Received a $1700 grant for a smoothie bar at the HS
-- Testing (Cara Jones) topics:
* testing rosters have been certified ... first step in testing process
* campuses have selected their teachers of the year ... to be announced
-- Athletics (Jim Riley) topics:
* Excellent start to basketball season (boys 7-4 & girls 8-2)
* Wrestlers have a chance for 5th state title but likely won't be
as dominant as past few years
22) Superintendents Report. -- Lance West
reported on these topics:
* Revenue down ~$77K for the year
* Rogers County ad valorum taxup slightly (Tulsa Co. down slightly)
* State Dept Education (Barissi) says don't expect mid-year financial
adjustment until Jan 15th and it will likely be lass than previous
years (i.e. we may not get much to help fund 72 additional stuydents)
* state motivation to help public education expected to be greater
... but not available resources
* Oklahoma PTA planning March 30th, 2015, capitol rally. Currently
a school day here. Will consider non-attendace day to be made up later.
* City of Collinsville has received informal notification of $118K
grant for Safe Routes To School project that will enhance crosswalks
on Main Street near the middle school.
* Future school board meetings will be moved to 6pm start (instead
* Ken Chronister will attend emergency preparedness conference for
* Frozen pipe bust early Monday morning and flooded construction area
behind high school and into locer rooms in the gym. Brewer Construction
management has taken charge of that cleanup via Burgraff Restoration.
* CHS senior Cannon Vogel has been accepted
* OSU freshman Gary Wayne Harding wrestled Iowa's #4 nationally ranked
opponent in his first appearance
24) New Business -- None
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent of Schools
Posted this 9th
day of January 2015 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple