Collinsville Public Schools
1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6,
should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time
and place to wit:
Date: February 9, 2015
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
Present (Stout, Johnson, Morrison, Reed) and Absent (Ostrander)
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items #1- #3 of
the Consent Agenda:
---1) Approval of the January 12, 2015 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
---2) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
---3) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2015 General and Building Funds, All District Funds Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments
5) Discussion and Vote to Accept Audit for FY2014 from Kerry Patten,
CPA, School District Auditor. -- Approved, action
plans for just a few minor topics, including plans to cleanup some
unclear rules on sick leave.
6) Updates on Building Projects- Brewer Construction --
5 bids were opened Feb. 4th for asphalt at both the new upper elementary
and High school. The $252K base bid from Ellsworth Construction was
recommended (and approved under new business below). It was noted
that asphalt prices had not dropped as dramatically as oil prices
because asphalt manufactures purchase oil products far in advance.
THe construction budget covers the basic parking/travel areas at both
sites but not enough for an alternate bid for expanded asphalt at
the high school near the baseball parking area. All of the high school
slabs have been poured now and walls should start up soon. Demolition
will begin in the existing HS gym after basketball season concludes.
Wood for upper elementary gym floor should arrive soon.
7) Updates on Building Projects- The Stacy Group --
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes in the Collinsville Board
of Education Policy Book. -- none ready ...
the sick leave policy cleanup might be ready by April board.
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the Activity Fund Account
# 925s Name. -- Approved, a
name change to "Special Athletes" instead of "Special
Olympics" as that organization sent a letter saying others could
no longer use that specific name.
10) Discussion and Vote to Amend the 2014-2015 School Calendar. --
Approved, a student non-attendance day on March 13 was changed to
an attendance day and March 30 became a non-attendance day to avoid
a shortage of teacher on March 30th when state education organizations
have schedued an education rally at the state capitol. The previously
planned professional day on March 13th will be made up later. (updated
school calendar and also on this page -->).
11) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss the employment, hiring,
appointment, promotion, demotion disciplining or resignation of certified
or classified staff, Pursuant to Section 25 O.S. § 307 (B)(1)
of the Open Meeting Law, so that the Board may return to open session
to take action on certified or classified staff.
12) Vote to Convene in Executive Session. --
13) Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session
14) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
15) Discussion and Vote to Renew or Not Renew Superintendent of Schools
Contract until June 30, 2018. -- Approved, renewal
of Lance West's contract through June 2018.
16) Resignations: -- Accepted
---a) Volinda Pope MS Special Ed Paraprofessional
---b) Tiffany Smith- MS Special Ed Paraprofessional
---c) Charlotte Shiever- ECC Special Ed Paraprofessional
17) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
---a) Holly Teator- ECC Special Ed Paraprofessional
---b) Julie Chisum- MS Special Ed Paraprofessional
---c) Melissa Malon- MS Special Ed Paraprofessional
18) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Tulsa City-County Health Department
Making Proud Choices Curriculum for the Alternative Education
Program- Sally Bowman -- Approved, Mrs. Bowman
and Mrs. Rule discussed on-going life skills classes by the Tulsa
County Health Department which would provide a new program that would
replace/improve the Aids/STD prevention program for alternative students.
A letter will be sent to parents to invite them to view the material
and sign permission for their students to participate. Eighteen year
olds can sign their own persmission.
19) Directors Report.
-- Julie Crutchfield discussed followup on the audit corrective plans
(especially the sick leave policy simplification).
-- Cara Jones discussed upcoming writing tests
and the recent announcement that writing field tests had been eliminated.
20) Superintendents Report. -- Lance West
reported on these topics:
* New Cardinal head design for basketball courts will also be used
as school logo on other items with a constant font for lettering.
* Finances are top issue as always -- January has been a good month
... except cost of substitutes for many sick teachers
* January revenues up -- ad valorum (all 3 counties) & mid year
adjustments from state
* Plan to paint beams red in new uper elementary gym instead of white.
* Anticipate about $80K to rennovate Wilson Elementary for 6th graders
and alternative students next year ... including plumbing
* Will ask new asphalt contractor cost/options to extend and to pave
additional parking areas.
* Just for comparison (by floor tile counts) the new HS commons (59x88)
will be notably larger than the MS commons (56x74).
* Still exploring cost effective ottions for sound system at the two
CHS gyms and commons. The existing system (~4 years old) still works
* Still exploring options for a portable stage in the gym ...considering
chorus/band needs ... in addition to assemblies and other presentations.
Likely not the $85K range large stage (2 foot tall) as initially discussed.
* Planning work during spring break to get a jump on new building
prep and moves.
* New state superintendent attended recent Tulsa County superintendents
21) Announcements. -- JrHi wrestlers 3rd at
state meet. Academic team and basketball successes.
22) New Business -- the asphalt bid recommended
in item 6 above was approved.
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent of Schools
Posted this 6th
day of February 2015 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple