1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6,
should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time
and place to wit:
Date: December 14, 2015
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
Stout, Reed, Morrison, Ostrander &
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items (a)- (f) of
the Consent Agenda:
--a) Approval of the November 9, 2015 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
--b) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2016 General and Building Funds, All District Funds Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
--c) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
--d) Approval of Winter Coaching Staff
--e) Surplus No Longer Needed (HS Library and CNP)
-- 316 VHS Videos
--f) Approval of Activity Fund Proposal- Adding a High School Concession
5) Updates on Building Projects- Brewer Construction
-- Mr.Stokely reported construction efforts are nearly done at the
high school. Hope to complete the new chorus room and media rooms
this week. New Library (media room) furniture arrived this week. Some
asphalt done (north side to baseball field) ...more to be done on
south side. Stage ready for band concert tonight. Wheelchair lift
finish work hopefully this week. Everything should be complete except
for final punchlist exceptions by end of year.
6) Vote to Approve Changes to the Collinsville Board of Education
Policy Book. -- Approved, just legal wording
changes and an increase to cleaning fees in the facilities use policy.
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve AIDS Curriculum and Update.
-- Approved. (see
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve Board Meeting Dates for Calendar
2016. -- Approved,
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve the 2016-2017
School Calendar. -- Approved,
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve the District Lawn Bids for 2016.
-- Accepted bid from Thrifty Lawn Care (Michael
Pitts). Received two other bids. Pleased with results by Thrifty this
11) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss the employment, hiring,
appointment, promotion, demotion disciplining or resignation of certified
or classified staff, Pursuant to Section 25 O.S. § 307 (B)(1)
of the Open Meeting Law, so that the Board may return to open session
to take action on certified or classified staff.
12) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
13) Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session
14) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
-- No Executve Session Necessary
Resignations: -- Accepted
--a) Holly Bays- Herald Teacher Aide
--b) Sara Carroll- Third Grade Teacher
--c) Melissa Malone- Special Ed Para
--d) Crystal Glen- Special Ed Para
--e) Sam Baugh- Bus Driver
Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved,
--a) Terri Rae Kallam- Herald Teacher Aide
--b) Kay Beck Bus Driver
--c) Christy Partee- Bus Driver
--d) Alyssa Keith- 3rd Grade Teacher
17) Directors Report. -- None ... will discuss
budgets next month
18) Superintendents Report. -- Lance
West reported on these topics:
* Ad valorum revenue up at present
* Expect to be "OK" on finances for next year ... but the
year after is big concern (expect big dip in state support with oil
prices still down)
* Local admin cost is less than 4% ... better than most schools
* about 84% of overall budget going to salary
* reported to Chamber of Commerce
on all the positive things happening at Collinsville Schools
* 5A State Football Finals -- good kids -- excitement in all activities
19) Announcements. -- None,
20) New Business -- Approved (one resignation
received today for ECC para professional, Yono Rinehart)
21) Adjournment. -- 6:55pm,
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent of Schools
Posted this 11
day of December 2015 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.