Principal Cheryl Hunt presented continued positive results from
the reading programs in place at Wilson for several years now.
(Related coverage: Jan
2013 + March 2012)
1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular School Board Meeting
for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make
plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place to
October 6, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
(Absent: Memory Ostrander) + (Present: Steve Stout, Wendell Johnson,
Kevin Morrison, and Tim Reed)
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items #1- #4 of
the Consent Agenda:
--1) Approval of the September 8, 2014 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
--2) Approval of the September 24, 2014 Special Board Meeting Minutes.
--3) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2015 General and Building Funds, All District Funds Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
4) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached. --
5) Updates on Building Projects- Brewer Construction
* Upper elementary gym roofed, rest of building
close to being closed in, gravel lots soon, asphalt bids in Jan. as
* CHS Improvements: rough grading ... reading for concrete footings
6) Updates on Building Projects- The Stacy Group
* dry Sept helped ground work after wet summer
7) Administration Report-Cheryl Hunt, Wilson Elementary Principal
-- see photo above
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Reading Sufficiency Plan for
2014-2015 -- Approved
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve FY2015 Contract for Vocational Programs.
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the District Board of
Education Policy Book.
* Updated names in non discrimination section
* Updated 6.6 Certified Personnel Regulations -- 90 days (State law
change for valid cert. sub)
* TLE #10 (Evaluations) -- 2 times/ year probation
* sick leave incentive -- admin/teachers -- 31 days ... 10,11,12 sick
days, unused personel days roll into sick days ay year end ... total
13 instead of 10
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve Gifted/Talented Education Plan
and Committee Members. -- Approved (under new
business after being tabled here)
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Alternative Education Plan
for 2014-2015. -- Approved
13) Discussion and Vote to Approve Annual District Student Drop-out
Report- Jon Coleman. -- Approved, No middle
school dropouts last year. Nine HS "dropsouts" but that
count includes 7 who switched to home schooled.
14) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of
Certified and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1)
of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to
Open Session And Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified
Personnel for FY2013.
15) Vote to Convene in Executive Session. --
16) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session. --
Approved (8pm - 8:38pm)
17) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
18) Discussion and Vote to Approve Minimum Salary Schedule for 2014-2015.
-- Approved (additional $1K for nationally certified
... that have essentially lost state's $5K from years ago)
-- 10/31/2014 Update: FY
15 Minimum Salary Schedule (doc)
19) Discussion and Vote to Approve Sick Day Donations from Eric Dutton
to Stacie Dutton for Maternity Leave. -- Approved
(15 of his 39 to her ... helps get her through Thanksgiving break)
20) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Hamilton Hernandez- HS Spanish Teacher --
state approved emergency certification
--b) Mary Lykins- Alternative Ed Teacher --
taught here before (most recently Skia. counselor)
21) Superintendents Report. -- Lance West
reported on these topics:
* Kelly Bowen is new RAO (school's accreditation officer)
* Sept. 30th -- Corporation Commission
reviewed out technology / erate
* administration reviews
* Have begun logistical detailed plans for moves when new buildings
22) Directors Reports. -- none
23) Announcements. -- Oct 23rd Cardinal Fun
Fest (Wilson/Herald event by PTOs) at Sallee Field 5-8pm
24) New Business : (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted) --
* Accepted Resignation of Bethany Ashlock (CNA) -- health issue
* -- Approved (revisited item 11 above) after
being provided a copy of the plan already submitted to the state
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 3rd
day of October 2014 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple