Collinsville Public Schools
1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested
in attending the Regular Scheduled School Board Meeting for Collinsville
Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make plans to attend
the meeting at the following date, time and place to wit:
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All Present: Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Morrison, & Reed
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- None
4) Consent Agenda: Discussion and Vote to Approve Items #1-
#4 of the Consent Agenda:
--1) Approval of the October 6, 2014 Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
--2) Approval of the October 22, 2014 Special Board Meeting Minutes.
--3) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2015 General and Building Funds, All District Funds Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
--4) Approval of the Activity Fund Fundraisers as Attached.
5) Updates on Building Projects- Brewer Construction --
Chad Brewer reported the high school footingswere partially dug, HS
inside demolition about 90% done, upper elementary progressing well
... hoped to have sealed from outside weather by December.
6) Updates on Building Projects- The Stacy Group --
7) Collinsville High School Academic Team Presentation- Lynn Gowler,
High School Academic Team and the School Board members competed
in a friendly competition which resulted in a tie with the board
barely edging the students in a tie-breaker. The CHS group is
18-3 in their conference meets so far this year.
Front Row: Devyn Lyon, Cannon Vogel, Jordan Carney, and Dylan
Back Row: Spencer Braswell, Lyndee Branen, Sydney Vogel, &
8) Administration Report-Ashley Boomer, Early Childhood Center Principal
Ashley Boomer presented a new page on the school web site intended
to get ECC parents more involved in their student's learning process.
The first instructional video (Print Awareness) was added last
week and more are expected in the coming weeks. There is a new
"Parent Tools" link on the ECC home page which leads
to this page: http://www.collinsville.k12.ok.us/webpages/ECC-ParentTools.html
Vote to Approve Changes to the Collinsville Board of Education Policy
Book. -- Approved
-- Parent Participation (effective Nov. 1st)
new section that gathers together in one place what was already covered
... and to reflect recent law changes
-- Clarification of support & certified sick leave ... including
some negotiated long ago (based on typewriter text) but not in written
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Village Tours and Travel Contract
for MS Band Trip. -- Approved, The middle school
band will be traveling to Branson in May. Plan to bring all out-of-state
trips before the board in future.
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Contract for Career and Technology
Education Programs. -- Approved ... standard
contract like last year (usually done in August)
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve Sanctioning of Collinsville Booster
Clubs and PTOs. -- Approved, Most of the groups
met at ESC Oct. 22nd and have provided tax ids, bylaws, etc to help
the school better track their activities and finances. These groups
provide a great service to the school and their particular groups.
13) Ace Remediation Plan Update FY2015 -- Approved
14) Discussion and Vote to Confirm the Collinsville Public Schools
Board Seat Districting Map.
-- Approved (same
map as updated in 2011 with 2010 census data)
15) Discussion and Vote to Approve Election Call Resolution , Seat
2 & 5.
-- Approved .-Memory Ostrander (seat 5) and
Kevin Morrison (seat 2) both said they plan to run again to retain
their positions. The filing period is from 8am Monday Dec. 1st to
5pm Wednesday Dec. 3rd. The election (if required) wouldl be Tuesday
Feb. 10, 2015.
Resignations: -- Accepted
--a) Amber Ishmael- ECC Teacher Assistant --
staying home with baby
--b) Jackie Hamlin-CNP -- health issue
-- also see new business
17) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Denetta Marler- MS CNA -- had worked at
CMS previously .. started again Oct. 24th
18) Directors Report.
-- Cara Jones: science testing gearing up.
2 testing vendors, field testing has been positive
-- Jim Riley: Success of fall teams has been best in his career: 4
of 5 teams to state + academic recognition
-- Algela Reser: Fun Halloween treats made for kids on their own time
and expense (by Herald CNP Ladies); some exceptions now allowed for
food fundraisers; yogurt now competing with coffee sales at HS
-- Julie Crutchfield: Unified Bowling -- student
volunteers give up Saturday to help special education students; treasury
topics; things are going well
19) Superintendents Report. -- Lance West
reported on these topics:
* School newsletter (Cardinal Tweet) every other week - Thanks to
Brenda Flanary & Jeannie Smalygo -- postive feedback ... started
* Current budget down ~$100K due to late CNP payment from state
* Payroll down ... no where else to cut
* Booster fundraisers are big help to the school
* Board president thanked Jana Oder (former
member) for her attendance.
* Wilson Elementary Veterans Day Assembly will be 9am Nov. 11th
* ECC will deliver crafts to the Veterans Hospital in Claremore Nov.11th
* Herald Veterans Day Assembly is 1:30pm Nov. 11th
* Chorus ~10 made All-District and to perform
at First Baptist Church in Tulsa
* State Cross Country: Ellen Thomas 7th individually and girls team
8th in 5A
21) New Business
* Resignation Approved For Rita Poindexter
(ECC Reading Title I Instructor) ... moving to Blackwell
22) Adjournment. -- 8:34pm
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Lance West, Superintendent of Schools
Posted this 31st
day of October 2014 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple