Due to the extreme cold the meeting has been moved to City Hall
instead of the park as had been previously discussed. -- Ted
OKLAHOMA PARK BOARD
November 18, 2014 4:30 P.M.
Collinsville City Hall Commission Room
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call. --
(Present: Kelly Benham, Jenny Walker, Glen Reser, Ted Wright) &
(Absent: Adam Steidley)
3. Approval of
Minutes from October 21, 2014 Regular Meeting. --
4. Discussion and possible action on solution for bird droppings on
tables at large pavilion. -- No action, as further
discussion produced no viable solution to prevent the dropping. Park
staff already routinely checks for and cleans up as required.
5. Discussion and possible action on sculpture location. --
Approved, an additional potential location for the 27 foot tall Wade
Nachtigall sculpture. The alternate location
is on the south east portion of the park between the small pavilion
and the sled hill. The original location (which might still be used)
is on the west side of the park near 19th Street between the entry sign
and the splash pad area. The proposed sculpture placement will likely
be a city commission agenda topic soon for their consideration.
6. Discussion and possible action for additional fencing at basketball
court. -- Postponed, pending additional information.
New fencing was already added to prevent the ball from rolling down
the hill. An additional section of fencing is being considered on the
west end of the court as a small gap still exists..
7. Discussion and possible action for additional features at Skate Park.
-- Approved, "reserving" the area just
east of the existing skate area for some type of (currently unfunded
and undefined) skate feature(s) at a medium/low priority in relation
to other pending projects..
8. Discussion and possible action for suggestions for creek improvements.
-- No action, but on going discussion helping
to refine a potential future recommendation. Use of and cost/source
of large rocks was one topic this month. Controlling unwanted plant
growth along the creek is also an on-going topic of discussion.
9. Discussion of future park improvements. --
topics suggested for future agenda items:
* reconsider location of sand volleyball court
* Nick Mendez has offered to lead an effort to help clean up and help
make the city lake a more family friendly place to visit and enjoy.
The city lake is north east of town and has a number of restrictions
on it's use (no swimming or boating ...for example).
* future meeting will likely be moved to the upstairs city hall conference
room (instead of the downstairs large meeting room)
Posted Nov. 14th
Wright comments in purple.