1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place
Date: June 2,
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
Stout, Ostrander, Reed, (Johnson arrived during item 8), and Kevin
Morrison after item 4 swearing in
3) Swearing in of the New Board Member Kevin Morrison, Seat #2 -->
4) Requests to Address the Board. -- None
5) Reading of Minutes May 5, 2014 Regular Board Meeting --
6) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2014 General and Building Funds All District Funds - Approval of
Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments. --
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. --
Approved, smaller list than during year .. with band, ECC & XC
8) Presentation by Brewer Construction Management and The Stacy Group
on the High School Project.
board was not pleased with the results of the May 22nd CHS Improvements
bids received ... nor the lack of written details presented at
this board meet by The Stacy Group and Brewer Construction. More
details below ...but the bottomline is the received bids were
roughly $2 million higher than estimated and construction start
will be delayed at least a month for a rebid with a scaled back
project to stay within the approved bond budget. In contrast,
the status report for the new upper elementary project had things
going well with 1/3 of slab poured and some steel aready going
of bidders (May 22nd above) for the high school project was significantly
lower than the crowd at the (Feb.
6th) upper elementary bid opening.
& Chad Brewer were still trying to explain details at the
table with board members after a lengthy discussion. Some of the
proposed changes for a rebid of the high school improvements project
include less square feet in the kitchen and locker room areas,
deferred drainage and existing roof interface issues, replan of
MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) upgrades and interfaces
with existing systems, seating only one side of practice gym,
switch to rollout seating in old gym with less storage space underneath
but more floor space for sports and portable stage when retracted.
The new proposal would have 1800 sq ft (down from 2700) but no
fewer classrooms. And the new simplified bids would hopefully
be within the ~$5.4 milion anticipated the first go-round (instead
of the ~$7.4 million in bids just received) -- Ted Wright
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes of the District Board of
Education Policy Book. -- Tabled without discussion
10) Discussion and Vote to Join or Not Join OSSBA for the 2014-2015
School Year. -- Approved
11) Discussion and Vote to Accept Paper Bid for FY2015. --
Approved, the low bid of Admiral Express (and includes deliveries
to each campus rather than just 1 as in previous years)
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve Surplus Not Needed by the District.
-- Approved, list including old golf bags.
13) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Hiring of Personnel, Pursuant
to Section 307 (B) (1) of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the
Board May Return to Open Session And Vote to Hire or Not Hire personnel.
14) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
15) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
16) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
-- In Executive session from ~8:05pm to 10:45pm
17) Discussion and Vote to Approve Superintendents and Assistant
Superintendents Recommendation to Hire or Not Hire Certified
or Classified Personnel for FY 2015. -- Approved,
recommendation to rehire all
18) Resignations: -- Accepted (plus 2 more under
--a) Tara Howard- MS Math
--b) Sherry Collins- MS Math
--c) Nicole Peoples- ECC Para
19) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to Current Open and Emergency
Transfers for 2014-2015. -- Approved
20) Discussion and Vote to Set Special School Board Meeting for Late
June 2014. -- Approved (7pm meeting set for
Monday June 23rd ... after 6pm reception for Terry Due's retirement)
21) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* Some summer repairs planned, more reflooring, some classroom conversions
and prep for construction
* Janitorial supplies bid list has just gone out and janitorial services
list will go soon
22) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* Education Foundation Golf Tournament Monday June 9th (at Greens
* 3rd CHS graduation at TU went well
Crutchfield named to OCA Baseball All-State
23) Announcements. -- July 27th Hall of Fame
Ceremony for Terry Due (in Tulsa)
24) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted).
* -- Accepted: 2 resignations received after
----- Karen Rowden (CMS Librarian) ... taught 47 years ... retiring
----- Sarah Brightmire (Wilson Paraprofessional)
* Approved the rejection of the (too high) bids
received for high school improvements (see discussion under item 8
25) Adjournment. ~11pm
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 30th
day of May 2014 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple