1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School
Board Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District
I-6, should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date,
time and place to wit:
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
(Absent: Memory Ostrander) & (Present:
Stout, Johnson, Reed, & Oder)
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- None
4) Reading of Minutes December 9, 2013 Regular Meeting. --
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2014 General and Building Funds All District Funds - Approval of
Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments. --
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. --
Approved (one for FFA)
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve the 2014-2015 School Calendar --
Format & Text
Format (doc) .... for next year) (also photos at bottom of this
8) Presentation of the A-F Report Card for the Collinsville School
District. Cara Jones -- Each Principal described
the efforts at their campus to improve student performance (which
hopefully also improves A-F state measures for the schools). Each
has remediation efforts in addition to the normal instruction to target
students with the most need in reading and math. Arlin stacy had an
entertaining video spoof of some "alternative" approaches
at his campus before the real approaches were presented by Jenifer
Salley. The high school received an "A" and the other campuses
received "B-" in the controversial
state scores released in November 2013.
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the Collinsville Board
of Education Policy Book. -- none
10) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of
Certified and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B) (1)
of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to
Open Session And Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified
Personnel for FY2014.
11) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
12) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
13) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
-- In Executive Session from 8:01 to 854pm
14) Discussion and Vote to Approve Extra Duty Spring Coaches Assignments.
-- Approved: The
spring head coaches are the same as last year with the exception of
Toni Slagle as Head Girls Golf Coach. [Martinez: Boys Soccer; Schubert:
Girls Soccer; Tesar: Boys Track; Rogers: Girls Track; Sparksx2: Tennis;
Reeder: Baseball; Pratt: Boys Golf]
15) Discussion and Vote to Approve Collinsville Public Schools Voluntary
Separation Program for 2014-2015 School Year. --
Approved, The current 3 year program
of $400 per month to early retirees expires this July. The new 3 year
program would begin August 1, 2014 but new participants must be committed
before May 1st. The first program saved the district several hundred
thousands. It is estimeted 10 to 15 additional early retirees would
sign up this time.
16) Discussion and Review of Property Liability Insurance and Vote
to Accept Recommendation of Aaron Reinhardt, AAI, Wilcox & McGrath
Insurance, Agent of Record. -- Approved
(OSMRT), OSIG was only other choice.
17) Recognition of School Board Members during National School Board
Member Month. -- see press release.
18) Assistant Superintendents Report.--
Lance West reported on these topics:
* The chilling tower at the middle school had a small leak that has
now been repaired but replacing the gylocol was a lengthy exrecise
during the freezing weather and Travis Darland was thanked for his
* Several heaters were repaired recently
* Federal Programs ... including Indian Ed resources which are now
being more actively used in the remediation efforts described above
in item 8 (A-F Report Cards).
* Professional Development Day (Jan. 3rd)
* Upcoming construction (new elementary first): bid notification documents
submitted to Tulsa World. Jan. 23rd contractors info meet before bids.
Feb. 6th bids will be opened. Likely special board meet Feb. 19th
to act on bids received. Final drawings for the high school improvements
expected by the end of January and that bid process can begin.
* Technology" Windows XP support ends soon ... will be switching
to Windows 7 (~$7K)
19) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* Terry commended the principals (& their great staffs) for all
their A-F efforts. They have great teachers that received "B"
grades for "A" efforts.
* 5 "snow days" used leaving just
2 built into the existing schedule (see schedule to right with May
22 as last day of classes).
* Recent state funding info indicates local loss of $191K ... "but
we will make ends meet". Most other surrounding districts have
even largers losses.
* Congratulations and thanks to the school members for their efforts
(year rouind) not just the January school board recognition month.
* Wendell Johnson commented positively on the
new executive director of the Oklahoma State School Board (Shawn Hime
* Athletic Director Jim Riley took the opportunity to brag on the
CHS athletic programs continued success ... calling it the "best
deal in town". Jim also commented positively on the selection
of the sports program success as one of 2013
top stories by this web site.
21) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted).
* The board accepted the (same day) resignation
of April Richardson (para). The board then approved the (timely same
day) hiring of Alisa Ruth to replace her as para-professional. She
is a Special Education major and daughter of a Herald teacher.
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 6th
day of January 2014 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple