OKLAHOMA PARK BOARD
Regular Meeting Agenda
January 21, 2014, 4:30 P.M.
City Hall Commission Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call. --
(Absent: Reser & Tidwell) - (Present: Steidley, Hunt & Wright)
3. Approval of
Regular Meeting Minutes for December 17, 2013 Regular Meeting. --
4. Discussion and
possible action on Security Video at City Park. --
Approved, a motion to keep the video out of the general public view
rather than being broadcast. Privacy and liability concerns out weighed
a potential for public "help" in monitoring the park.
5. Discussion and
possible action to review and prioritize outstanding proposed projects.
-- Approved: The outstanding projects were placed
in 4 categories:
Priority Projects (In progress or wanting to starting soon)
* install of 2nd set of playground equipment (now in storage)
* sand volleyball court
* horse shoe pitch area
* trail lighting (phase 1)
* additional small shade structures (near splash pad seating)
* install benches & tables & grills
* new trees (see Home & Garden
Show news at city commission meet)
* install / assemble statue (see status below on this page)
* Frisbee golf course
* trail lighting (phase 2)
* additional parking
* new storage-maintenance building (when old pool building torn
down for new parking area)
* park access from north 19th St. (bridge/walkway improvements)
* creek improvements
* additional restrooms
* additional shelter or other feature (where former Kiwanis hut
| On Hold
/ Off Priority List
* pond / rain garden
* community center
Nachtigall (creator of the proposed park statue) was present during
the project priority discussion. He provided additional details
on the anchoring and assembly of the status that has been in storage
since 1993. Wade (a CHS grad & son of Tharyn & Marsha Nachtigall)
is donating the steel sculpture and installation oversight. The
city is to provide the hole and concrete and engineering review.
park board meet will be limited to 1 hour as the City
Commission meeting starts at 5:30pm Jan. 21st where
the park shelter reservations/fees will be considered.
Wright comments in purple.