1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6,
should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time
and place to wit:
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 W. Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All present: Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Reed & Oder
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- Charles
Hutchison raised a concern to the board about his grandaughter's attendance
situation and resulting grade level at the high school.
4) Reading of Minutes August 5, 2013 Regular Meeting --
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2014 General and Building Funds and All District Funds - Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments. --
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. --
Approved (many ... including SWAT and FFA)
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve FY2014 Estimate of Needs and Financial
Statements. -- Approved (following
a discussion by Terry Due on the grim financial outlook for this year
... needing to trim over a million dollars off of last year's already
8) Discussion and Vote to Remove Wendell Johnson as Voting Delegate
to OSSBA and Placing Steve Stout as Voting Delegate to the OSSBA.
Wendell Johnson will remain as the Legislative Liaison for the Collinsville
Board of Education. -- Approved (at Wendell's
suggestion as he is already a voting officer of OSSBA, this will allow
Collinsville an additional vote)
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Alternative Education Plan for FY
2014. -- Approved, but expressed concerns that
this outstanding and important program may be facing cost cutting
consideration like other areas in the overall budget.
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to District Board of Education
Policy Book. -- Approved, added a new section
on the still evolving teacher evaluation requirements by the state.
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve Surplus and No Longer Needed by
the School District. -- Approved:
1987 International bus (the one out by the highway with the bus drivers
sign) that has a non-working engine and over 400K miles. FFA power
max plasma cutter and clay pigeon thrower.
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve Assistant Superintendent as Representative
for Oklahoma School Assurance Group (OSAG). --
13) Discussion and Vote to approve Expenditure from Activity Fund
General Account for New Teacher Orientation and Concrete at the North
Entrance of Football Field. -- Approved
14) Discussion and Vote to approve the Tulsa Technology Transportation
Contract for SY 2014. -- Approved,
Milage cost is up 20c/mile more this year. Collinsville is carrying
Skiatook and Owasso students on one of the less popular tech routes.
CHS has about 16 morning students to the new Owasso Tech campus and
about 10 in the afternoons.
15) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of
Certified and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1)
of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to
Open Session And Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified
Personnel for FY2013.
16) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
17) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
18) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement. --
~7:56pm - 8:20pm
19) Resignations: -- Approved
--a) Michelle Koscheski, Special Needs Para
--b) Kelly Clarke, MS Teacher
--c) Tina Berryman, Wilson Teacher Assistant
--d) Mary Ross, HS FACS Teacher
20) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Berry Olinghouse, Special Needs Para --
--b) Mark Campbell, HS Girls BB Coach -- won
six state championships
--c) Christina Cypert, MS Math Teacher -- replaces
Ganzel who switched to CHS
21) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* Meetings with construction manager & architect
on proposed school bond designs
-- redo of new elementary building design from nearly flat roof to
much more pitched roof
-- metal building with brick skin and pitched roof now
-- initial cost plan had 17 classroom with 4 more as alternative bids
... switching that to all 21 classrooms needed ... but had to lower
priority of CHS (library) media center / computer lab in case bids
come in higher than expected ... to cover that difference
-------more books & computers in classooms rather than dedicated
-- also adjusted elementary bathroom locations to avoid adding another
-- new CHS gym roof will also be pitched with only a few less pitched
areas for connecting structures.
(check back for updated elementary drawings)
* expect video to support the bond issue in next 2 weeks ... to be
used at public meetings and some sent home for parents
* Title 1 funding ... helped by having key retired personnel support
at each campus
* ALKA -- new software thats ties several databases together for improved
* Tulsa VoTech giveaway ... Collinsville was selected in the drawings
for free equipment (including about $10K worth of computers ... after
Larry Meece gets through refurbishing them)
22) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* First bond issue presntation was to Chamber
of Commerce Sept. 5th
* Next bond presentation likely during week of Sept 22nd at Wilson
* Plan signs at home ballgames to promote votes Oct 8th
* State question 766 article ... addresses AT&T and other business'
gain at the expense of schools
* Tony Rodrock benefits
... donor paid his way to Barnabus 1st year ... Tony trying to cover
$8K 2nd year expense. Tony also hopes to publish a book.
* Ryan Christian honored as P.E.Coach of the Game at Tulsa Shock basketball
game Sept. 6th.
* Class photos Sept. 10th at CHS
24) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted) --
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 6th
day of September 2013 at 12:00 p.m... On the door of the Education
Service Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple