|September Patchworkers Meet|
|At the Sept. 10,
2013 meeting of the Collinsville Patchworkers, Carole James and Pat Hill
look on as Peggy Hamilton displays a Halloween wallhanging she recently
The meeting was attended by 22 members and 3 guests, and Janice Coke gave a program on helpful hints for the quilter. October 8 at the Collinsville Library, 7 PM is the next scheduled meeting.
- Submitted by Linda Pfeffer (9/27/2013)
|October Is "Teen Read Month"|
Seek the Unknown is the theme of Teen Read Month which starts in October. This month-long celebration reminds teens to read for the fun of it! Teens have so many options for entertainment, so its important to remind them to spend time reading for pleasure: its free, fun, and can be done anywhere. Research shows that teens who read for fun have better test scores and are more likely to succeed in the workforce. There are so many possibilities that exist within the doors of the library and within the covers of books!
· This years featured event is the Anime Mini Con, Saturday, October 26th from 1-4 pm at the Hardesty Library. Ben Hatke, author of the Zita the Spacegirl comics, is our special guest. Visit exhibitors including Asian products and anime clubs; enter the cosplay contest; make candy sushi; comics; and much more!
· 31 Teen programs are scheduled for October. Check out the event guide (http://www.tulsalibrary.org/event-guide-print) for specific details on these fun and creative programs.
· The Teen Read Month section of the Teen Website (http://teens.tulsalibrary.org/tccl/teen-read-week) is a great place to get more information.
· The Collinsville Library program for this month will be on Thursday, October 10 from 2:30-4:30 p.m. and the topic is CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. For ages middle and high school students.
· Teen customers can get overdue fines waived for items returned late and in good condition.
· Teens can get a free library replacement card at any of our locations.
If you have any question, please call us at (918) 549-7528.
|Foggy Sunday Morning|
|Cooler evenings and a rainy Saturday combined for a foggy Collinsville early Sunday morning with visibility of just a few blocks when this downtown photo was taken about 8:30am September 29, 2013.|
|Update on "Forgotten" CHS Yearbooks from Sally Bowman (9/27/2013):|
|Erin, Ryann, Victoria,
and Amber came to get their 2013 yearbooks!
I actually have a list of eight 2012 graduates who never picked up their yearbook. Since it worked so well on 2013, I thought you might list these: