1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular School Board Meeting
for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
(Present: Stout, Reed, & Oder) + (Absent: Ostrander)
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- None
4) Reading of Minutes September 9, 2013 Regular BOE Meeting.
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2014 General and Building Funds, FY 2013 General Funds, All District
Funds - Approval of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers.--
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve FY2013 Contract for Vocational Programs.
-- Approved (Vo
Ag and Family Consumer). Also noted that a new fulltime CHS teacher
should be in place after fall break for Family Comsumer Science ...
with a substitute in place since a resignation early in the school
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the District Board of
Education Policy Book. -- Tabled
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Gifted/Talented Education Plan and
Committee Members. -- Approved, LeAnn Crabaugh
discussed the plan and committee. There are currently ~245 students
identified (by testing) at all grade levels.
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve Annual District Student Drop-out
Report- Jon Coleman. -- Approved.
Coleman stated there were 4 (CHS) dropouts last year and 2 of those
re-entered school for a net of 2. The outstanding alternative program
for CMS and CHS was credit with helping to keep these numbers minimal.
11) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of
Certified and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1)
of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to
Open Session And Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified
Personnel for FY2013. -- 7:20 -7:52pm
12) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
13) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
14) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
15) Resignations: Kendall Ballinger, 1st grade teacher --
16) Hiring of Personnel: 1st Grade Teacher --
Approved (Kim Picard ... who had subbed at Wilson before and should
fit in well with the rest of the 1st grade team)
17) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
(Lance West was not available)
18) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* Proud of our students and teachers ... for outstanding EOI scores
... as reported in a recent Tulsa World story showing Collinsville
only behind in Bartlesville, BTW, and Bixby for the top scores locally.
* Nick Salazar (CHS senior) scored a 33 on his ACT test (1 question
from a 34).
* Bond election is tomorrow (Oct. 8th) ... lots of efforts to get
the information out to the school district voters ... timing is right
for the $20 million bond issue improvements .. money well spent.
19) Announcements.-- Volleyball andsoftball
regions this week. Band 3rd at Bixby contest. Exciting football season
20) New Business : (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted) --
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 4h
day of October 2013 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple