1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6,
should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time
and place to wit:
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All Present: Stout, Ostrander, Johnson, Reed, & Oder
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Reading of Minutes October 7, 2012 Special Meeting. --
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2014 General and Building Funds All District Funds - Approval of
Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments. --
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. --
7) Consider adoption of a Resolution approving and affirming a Ground
Lease Agreement and a Lease/Purchase Agreement and authorizing the
execution of the same; designating lease transaction as a qualified
tax-exempt obligation; authorizing employment of School District Counsel,
Financial Advisor and Bond Counsel pertaining to financing; and authorizing
School District officials to execute any and all necessary documents
in connection with the aforementioned transactions. --
Approved, the financing approch for the school bond recently approved.
The approach allows the funding up front for the project rather than
spread out over the 10 year bond life.
8) Update on Building Bond Issue- Jordan Smith, Stephen L. Smith Corp.
-- Smith reported on the options and conservative
estimates on financing rates. Expects to send out about 15 financing
bid packages (local & national) and likely 3-5 bid returns. Working
with builder & architect on building schedule for accurate drawdown
schedule for funds.
9) Update on Building Bond Issue- Chad Brewer, Brewer Construction
-- Brewer reported on potential timing of both
the new upper-elementary building (reasonably easy to issolate from
students with school in session at Herald & ECC) and the projects
at the high school which will require more detailed planning to coordinate
with students on campus (and a temporary construction road). Expect
architect's drawings by mid-December and bids to go out in January
2014 for the upper elementary. Bid approval if available at Febuary
board meet would allow construction start in March 2014. Will meet
with civil engineer at Upper elemetary next week on topics such as
water drainage concerns for adjoining properties. A dry storm water
retention pond is likely.
The HS project would be on a slightly later timeline but in time to
stat work in the existing building as soon as students leave in May
2014. Would do interior high school demolition and remodeling first
+ utility relocates + remedy underground water seeping into gym locker
room with new drainage. Two current small outdoor buildings will be
moved from near the new gym location and combined into a single building
elsewhere. The temp road and fencing might start as soon as late this
10) Vote to Approve Changes to the Collinsville Board of Education
Policy Book. -- Approved, Sections 5.13 &
5.14 investment wording update as recommended by auditors (FDIC max
to $250K from $100K) and purchase order modification cap from 10%
to 15%.. Section 6.30 TLE (Teacher Evaluation) updates ... which will
likely change again as the process is still evolving. Sets percentages
for evaluation criteria contributions during this pilot year. Will
go into full effect next year.
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve 307 Federal and State Appropriations.
-- Approved, additional
federal funding for special ed and JOM Indian ed not available in
last months estimates.
12) Discussion and Vote to Sanction the Lady Cardinals Dogpile
Basketball Booster Club. -- Approved, with the
dogpile referring to winning the last game (i.e. state championship)
and the accompaning pile of players at mid-court.
13) Discussion and Vote to Transfer Activity Funds from Soccer Account
to HS Student Council Account. -- Approved,
STUCO had joined the soccer team in a dodgeball tournament fundraiser
and will split the $400 raised.
14) Discussion and Vote to Approve AIDS Curriculum and Update. --
Approved, the same as last year except earlier presentation this year.
15). Ace Remediation Plan Update FY2014. --
Approved, CMS and CHS remediation for students with poor test scores.
Connie Plumlee is back now working on this 3 days a week. Using online
tools/tests students needing help in one subject get ~3 hours/week
(or 2 subject ~6 hours) help.
16) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of
Certified and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B) (1)
of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to
Open Session And Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified
Personnel for FY2013. -- 8:18-9pm
17) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
18) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
19) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
20) Discussion and Vote to Approve Election Call Resolution , Seat
1 & 4 -- Approved, The school board positions
currently held by Steve Stout (seat 1 for 5 years) and Tim Reed (seat
4 for 3 years remaining on the original term of Donna Sears). Both
indicate their intent to file to continue in the positions during
the December 2-4 filing period. The election (if they draw opposition)
would be Feb. 11th, 2014
Resignations: -- Accepted
--a) Jade Finney, Kindergarten Teacher -- to
stay home with two kids
22) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--b) Michele R. Nickel FACS Teacher --
had been long term sub for Brian Phillips last year
--c) Aryale Mahan- Kindergarten Teacher -- Had
been in Jade Finney's classroom since start of school .. will continue
23) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* Building fund being used for ESC building payments (instead of General
* Scope of Wilson Elementary remodel will depend on bids for new upper
elementary and CHS construction.
* Bids have been sent out for lawn maintenance.
* Special ed need/funding has greatly increased in last decade
* Meeting soon with CNP engineers for new kitchens
* Meetings already (with architect & builder planning construction)
with coaches, librarian, chorus, upper-elementary teachers for their
input into the design. Provided many practical suggestions.
24) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* The 84% bond approval election result has several other schools
asking about the Collinsville approach
* Commend teachers and principals (and students) for recent excellent
* State mandated A-F school report cards have been released (after
at least 10 modifications) and all Collinsville campuses scored 80%
or above with the high school getting an A at 95%.
* An example of the many cutbacks is not reimbursing (non-federal
* Great sports seasons
* Bill Johnston announced that Terry Due would
be the Grand Marshall of the Chamber of Commerce Christmas Parade
* Following the discussion of school A-F reports ... Athletic Director
Jim Riley said he was giving an "A" grade to Collinsville
* CHS Cheer to state
* CHS Softball to state (with lots of freshmen)
* CHS Volleyball solid season - tough competition
* CHS Cross Country Girls 3rd at state
* CHS Football
chance for first 5A football district championship
26) New Business -- none
27) Adjournment. -- 9:39pm
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 1st
day of November 2013 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple