Wright comments in purple:
1-2) All available board members present (Stout, Ostrander, Oder,
& Johnson) with seat 1 vacant.
3) no request to address board
4) minutes approved
5) payments approved
6) approved -- the only fundraiser (for softball uniforms and equipment)
7) tabled without discussion ... expect to have a policy book change
ready for July meet
8) approved -- additions since start of year estimations ($801K
more to general fund and $16K more to building fund)
9) approved -- nurse services to drug test school bus drivers only
(another company tests students)
10) approved Tulsa Zoo contract for 4-12-2014 prom location (students
pay for prom)
11-14) Executive session from 7:15 to 8:52 pm
15) Approved re-hire recommendations
16) Resignations accepted
17) Approved hiring of Alison Brown and Amanda Rogers (Speech Pathologists)
18) Approved increasing 2 of the cafeteria lunch prices:
-- PreK-5 Student Lunch (from $2.25) to $2.50
-- 6th-12th Student Lunch (from $2.50) to $2,75
This was to get closer to the USDA recommendations to more closely
match the rising food prices.
19) Approved, a list of transfer students based on acceptable academics,
attendance and discipline records. More students transfer into rather
than out of this district.
20) The board seat 1 was formally declared vacant to allow the board
to temporarily appoint a replacement for Donna Sears (who
resigned recently). That appointment will likely be made (from
qualified May 7th-28th applicants) at the June 24th school board
meet. The appointment would be for the periord until the next yearly
21) Stacie Byrom was approved as treasurer.
22) Approved investments
23) Approved 3-county certification
24) June 24 (7pm) was approved as the date for the 2nd June board
25) Lance West reported on these topics:
-- "catch up" projects mostly this summer (as no funds
available for major summer building improvements as in previous
-- Federal (sequesteration) cuts now likely closer to 9% (had anticipated
Terry Due reported on these topics:
-- Most administrators will be at conference in Norman Wed-Thurs-Friday
school report cards (by campus) are now available. Cara Jones
will report on them at the JUne 24th meet. Excellent results.
-- Several resignations at end of school year. Other than the two
positions filled above, the remaining positions will remain unfilled
until after July 1 state funding allocations are announced.