Collinsville Public Schools
1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place
January 9, 2013
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West
Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021
The following items
will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. -- Donna
Sears and Wendell Johnson Absent (with Ostrander, Stout and Oder Present)
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- None
4) Reading of Minutes December 10, 2012 Special Meeting. --
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2013 General and Building Funds All District Funds - Approval of Budgets,
Reports, Allocations and Investments. -- Approved
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. --
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve AIDS Curriculum and Update. --
Approved -- (additional information).
No significant changes from previous years, but moved about a month
earlier to reduce contention with CHS testing)
8) Discussion and Vote to Approve Reading Sufficiency Act for FY2012-2013
Presented by Cheryl Hunt -- Approved.
Cheryl indicated significant improvement in the past three years with
approximately 81% showing reading proficiency now due to improved interventions
at ECC+Wilson+Herald for kids needing improved reading skills.
9) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of Certified
and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B) (1) of the Open
Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to Open Session And
Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified Personnel for FY2013.
10) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
11) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
12) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
13) Discussion and
Vote to Approve Extra Duty Spring Coaches Assignments. --
14) Resignations: -- Accepted
---a) Teresa Fine, Herald Teacher Assistant --
15) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
---a) Lori Brown, MS Social Studies Teacher
16) Discussion and Review of Property Liability Insurance and Vote to
Accept Recommendation of Aaron Reinhardt, AAI, Wilcox & McGrath
Insurance, Agent of Record. -- Approved
(1 quote received from existing carrier w/~5%
17) Recognition of School Board Members During National School Board
Member Month. -- Additional
18) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported that getting the new Education Service Center (ESC)
ready for use has been the major activity for months. He hopes the work
will be "done" in the next month.
19) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* Compliments to Mr. West & "crew" for the execellent
work with the ESC rennovations. Much of the work was done with school
* Another $34K cut in state aid ... "but we will make ends meet".
* The recent incident in Conneticut has heightened awareness and increased
security efforts. Mr. Due thanked the principals and local police department
for their continued efforts.
* The Chamber of Commerce banquet will be Jan 19th
* Colby Cole was named to the All-State Football
* Emily Fuller performed in the All-Sar band group at the BCS Football
Championship game in Miami, Florida Monday Jan. 7th
* The nationally ranked CHS Wrestling Cardinals travel to Kansas City
this weekend for another national tournament.
* The CHS basketball boys take on Owasso Thursday at the Skiatook Tournament
21) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not known
at the time the agenda was posted). -- None
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 7th
day of January 2013 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.