1902 West Maple
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Regular School Board Meeting
for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make
plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place to
Date: August 5,
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All Present: Steve Stout, Memory Ostrander, Wendell Johnson, Tim Reed,
and Jana Oder
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Reading of Minutes July 8, 2013 Meeting
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2014 General and Building Funds and FY 2013 General Fund Reserves
Building Bond Fund 34, Building Bond Fund 35 - Approval of Budgets,
Reports, Allocations and Investments. -- Approved
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers
7) The Board to consider and take action on the employment of Stephen
L. Smith Corp. as financial consultants to the School District, for
the fiscal year 2013-2014, and Calling for School Bond Issue.
-- Approved (fee up $500 to $7500 from last bond issue)
8) Discussion and Vote to Adopt the 2013-2014 School Year Policy of
Not Less than 1080 School Hours. -- Approved
(now used by about 98% of Oklahoma schools)
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the Board of Education
Policy Book. -- Approved -- (see
revised policies on school web site) Revised
* Guidelines for sick students
* Bus driver regulations/ testing ... new: no texting while operating
* safety drills (10 drills per building per year ... lockdown, fire,
* reading sufficiency ... revised promotion from 3rd grade ... must
read at 3rd grade level
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve School District Accreditation and
School Improvement Status Report from the State Department of Education.
-- Approved (met all requirements with "no
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the High School and
Middle School Student Handbooks. -- Approved
(check back for revised copies on school site) --
sample topics: e-cigaretts prohibited, tresspasing, leaving camus
without permission, cyber bullying, clarify telephone use when teacher
allows for specific assignment, tardies counting against semester
test exemptions, no physics this year, lost AP world history teacher,
revised bell schedules, ...
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve Junior Achievement of Oklahoma,
Inc. Contract (Biztown) for the 2013-2014 School Year.
13) Bids and Purchases: -- Approved
--a) Paper Bid FY2014 -- Contract (Ohio)
... new ... some paper left from last year
--b) Maintenance Supplies Bid FY2014 -- AmSam
(same vendor as last year) ~$50K
--c) Milk Bids FY2014 -- Highland (same as
last year) ... only bidder ... prices
--d) Food Bids FY2014 -- Benny Keith .. new
this year ... had used 2 years ago
--e) Transportation Bid FY2014 -- State Farm
(only bid) but expect last year for State Farm to offer school transportation
insurance in Oklahoma
14) Resignations: -- Accepted (& 3 others
under new business below)
--a) Crystal Thompson, Bus Driver -- relocating
--b) Jill Rollston, Special Needs Para-professional
15) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of
Certified and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1)
of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to
Open Session And Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified
Personnel for FY2013. -- 8:10-9:34pm
16) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
17) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
18) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
19) Discussion and Vote to Approve Step Increases for both Certified,
Classified and Support Personnel for FY2014.
-- Approved ... steps as negotiated
20) Discussion and Vote to Approve Payments for Early Retirement Benefits
for 2013-2014. -- Approved, final year of 3
year offer of $400/month for enticement for early retirements 2 years
21) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Chelsea Cody, Special Needs Para-professional
--b) Mary Ross, HS Family and Consumer Science
--c) Pat Shults, CNP Cashier
--d) Kendall Ballinger, 1st Grade Teacher
22) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* a few air conditioner repairs required (similar issues each year)
* started with new janitorial service this week ... good so far
23) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* Small budget carryover from last year, still trimming this year's
budget to break even
* Not replacing a net 3 teachers
* won't know enrollment numbers until after Labor Day if teacher adjustments
* getting creative moving folks to cover all tasks to be done
* just like every school in the state ...
facing decreased funding ... again
24) Announcements. -- Board member Johnson's
birthday and announcement that he had been elected as vice-president
of the OSSBA & All-State games report from Jim Riley.
25) New Business: (if any, of an emergency nature or that was not
known at the time the agenda was posted) --
Accepted 3 new resignations received earlier in the day:
* Ryan Frame -- CHS Science teacher -- career change
* Stacie Clarke -- Wilson 2nd grade teacher -- new job in Norman
* Kelly Clarke -- resigned as head girls basketball coach but will
remain as classroom teacher.
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 2nd
day of August , 2013 at 12:00 p.m. On the door of the Education Service
Center at 1902 West Maple, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright comments in purple