1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Special Scheduled School
Board Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District
I-6, should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date,
time and place to wit:
November 5, 2012
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville,
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit: NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to
approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote
on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
All present (Ostrander, Stout, Johnson, Oder, and Sears)
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Reading of Minutes October 8, 2012 Special Meeting. --
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2013 General and Building Funds All District Funds - Approval
of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments. --
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. --
7) Presentation of FY 11-12 Testing Results - Cara Jones.
* NWEA (baseline_ testing now for early childhood through grade
11 to measure growth as students advance -- "great tool for
teachers and parents"
state issued reports cards for each school -- "did well
but room to improve"
* Reach Coaches (federally funded) to help Collinsville and 12 other
local schools improve (specifically to be ready for Common Core
* 3-8th grade testing delayed as vendor issues have sent the process
back out for vendor bids for the entire state.
8) Ace Remediation Plan Update FY2013. --
Tabled until December meet
9) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of
Certified and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)
(1) of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return
to Open Session And Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified
Personnel for FY2013.
10) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
11) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
12) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
13) Discussion and Vote to Approve Election Call Resolution , Post
# 3 -- (Last
Year as example) -- Wendell Johnson
indicated he would be filing again for his board post. Check back
for election details
14) Resignations: -- Accepted
--a) Julie Chisum, Bus Aide
--b) Amy Schuler, MS Social Studies Teacher
--c) De Ritter, Herald Special Needs Teacher
--d) Judy Gilmartin, Bus Driver- PT
15) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Lori Brown, MS Social Studies Teacher
--b) Cynthia Davis, ECC/Wilson Reading Coach
--c) Karl Koppenhaven, Bus Driver, PT 1.5 Hours PM Route
--d) Amy Duncan, Long Term Sub
--e) Travis Darland, Maintenance
16) Discussion and Vote to Approve Charter Buses for Football Team
to McAlester. -- Approved (the
school will pay for one of the player busses and the booster club
will pay for the other)
17) Assistant Superintendents Report.
-- Lance West reported on these topics:
* Continued work to prep new ESC location (across from football
* Minor repairs at other campuses
* WiFi issues the past few days
* Looking for alternatives to n-compute labs with increasing heavy
usage and future expectations
- MyPaymentsPlus system in place and parents have started signing
* NWEA used $2K federal funds -- "well worth it"
18) Superintendents Report. -- Terry
Due reported on these topics
* State School Board awards: bronze to Donna Sears & platinum
to Wendell Johnson
* All State: Softball (Sam Smith and Shannon Driggers + Honorable
mention Tiffany Isam) & Cross Country (Dylan Dyer)
* CHS Football 8-2 and playoff bound -- "Exceeded expectations"
* Compliments to Cara Jones ... "we are ahead of the game to
reach Common Core standards"
being given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of
Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
2h day of November 2012 at 12:00 p.m. on the door of the Education
Service Center at 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.