1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
persons interested in attending the Special Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6,
should make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time
and place to wit:
May 7, 2012
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to Vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
Jana Oder was absent
3) Requests to Address the Board.
4) Reading of Minutes April 9, 2012 Special Meeting.
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2012 6) General, Building and All District Funds - Approval of Budgets,
Reports, Allocations and Investments.
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers.
7) Presentation Copy Machines Managed Print Proposal, JD Young
-- Note: I was at the concurrent city commission
meeting until the end of item 7 above -- Ted
8) Resignations: -- Accepted
a) Debra Fugate, 4th Grade, Herald Elem.
b) Ruth McLaughlin, English, MS.
c) Mary Hopkins, Librarian, HS.
d) Richard Troia, Math, HS.
e) Cynthia Maples, Spec Needs, Herald Elem.
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Updated Professional Development
Plan for FY2012-2013. -- Approved
10) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of
Certified and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1)
of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to
Open Session and Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified
Personnel for FY2013. -- (8:10 to~10:22pm)
11) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
12) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
13) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
14) Discussion and Vote to Approve Superintendents and Assistant
Superintendents Recommendation to Hire or Not Hire Certified
or Classified Personnel for FY2013.
15) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
a) HS Girls Head Basketball Coach. -- Kelly
Clarke ... 1975 CHS grad
b) High School Math Teacher. -- John Benham
... taught at MS a few years back
16) Discussion and Vote to Approve Extra Duty Salary Schedule for
FY2012. -- Approved
17) Discussion and Vote to Approve Purchase of Current Church Buildings
at 19th and Maple. -- Tabled with no discussion
18) Discussion and Vote to Approve Syntec Financial Software Contract
for FY2013. -- Approved (same
as last year)
19) Discussion and Vote to Declare Surplus and No Longer Needed by
the District: a) 1 Ball Deflector Catch Net, 75 ft. x 35 ft.
for Football/Soccer Fields. -- Approved (the
current net is too heavy and a buyer is lined up so a lighter weight
net can be purchased from those proceeds).
20) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* On-going building improvement projects
* Still investigating refurbished laptops to supplement potential
"BYOD - bring your own device" policy (~$28K for 60 computers
and carts) & 3-5 year warranties -- need to develop the corresponding
BYOD policy ASAP
* Expect WiFi at remaining campuses by July (already at ESC, CHS &
* New approach to CNP online payments (via "My Payments Plus")
being investigated. Appears to solve fees issues with PayPal. Hopefully
by next year?
21) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* May 23rd bond meeting reminder
* CHS graduation is 7pm Tuesday May 15th at TU Reynolds Center
* 1/2 professional development day on 18th for teachers
22) Announcements. -- 3
soccer All-Staters & 2 coaches of the year (Stacy & Harding)
This notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School
Board of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of School
Posted this 2nd day of May, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. on the door of the Education
Service Center at 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Ted Wright's comments added in purple