1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Special Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place
Date: March 5, 2012
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK 74021
The following items
will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent.
3) Requests to Address the Board.
4) Reading of Minutes February 6, 2012 Special Meeting.
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2012 General, Building and Casualty Insurance Funds and All District
Funds - Approval of Budgets, Reports, Allocations and Investments.
I was at the concurrent city commission meeting and have no results
for agenda items above ... but all members were present including 1st
time board member Jana Oder. -- Ted
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers. --
7) Discussion and Vote to Accept Audit for FY2011 from Kerry J. Patten,
CPA, School District Auditor. -- Approved
(No problems found) ...Collinsville staff "well
8) Reading Sufficiency Report Update Cheryl Hunt.
& Lee Ann Due: reported on the new Pre-K through 3rd grade program
to identify and correct very specific reading issues well before students
get past the 3rd grade. Pre-K to 3rd graders "learn to read"
but after 3rd grade they "read to learn" ... so lingering
reading issues would lead to other learning problems.
-- a) Natalie Hamilton, CNP, Wilson. -- health issues
-- b) Ryan Christian, HS Head Boys Basketball Coach. --
resigning that coaching duty only (after
5 years), but will continue with other teaching & coaching duties.
10) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Re-employment of Superintendent
of Schools and Hiring of Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1) of
the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to Open
Session and Vote to Renew or Not Renew Superintendent of Schools Contract
until June 30, 2015 and Vote to Hire Personnel for FY2012.
11) Vote to Convene in Executive Session. (~8-10pm)
12) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
13) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
14) Vote to Renew or Not Renew Superintendent of Schools Contract until
June 30, 2015 and Vote to Hire Personnel for FY2012. --
Approved, Terry Due's contract for another
15) Hiring of Personnel:
--a) Jasmine Mejia, ECC, Kindergarten TA, 6 Hrs, 3 Months. --
(2010 CHS Grad)
--b) Lesa Entz, CNP, Wilson, 6 Hrs, 3 Months.
16) Discussion and Vote to Approve School Auditor Engagement Letter
for FY2011-2012. -- Approved
17) Discussion and Vote to Approve School Calendar for School Year 2013.
-- Approved (Word document versions: text
and photos to right-->
First day of classes Aug. 16, 2012 and last day of classes May 23, 2013
(or later with bad weather days).
18) Discussion and Vote to Reorganize District I-6 Board of Education.
-- Approved, Memory
Ostrander (President), Steve Stout (Vice President), Donna Sears (Clerk)
19) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West left just as the meeting began after receiving word of his
20) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due reported on the contining
upgrade of classrooms at the high school.
-- March 27th Day at the State Capitol (1:30)
-- Graveside services for Lance West's grandfather
will be Friday at 11am in Chelsea.
This notice being
given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of Independent
District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
Posted this 2nd
day of March, 2012 at 11:30 a .m. on the door of the Education Service
Center at 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Wright's comments added in purple