1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested
in attending the Special School Board Meeting for Collinsville Public
Schools, Independent District I-6, should make plans to attend the
meeting at the following date, time and place to wit:
Date: June 25, 2012 Monday
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK
The following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled
meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members Present.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
3) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2012 General and Building Funds. -- Approved
4) Resignations: -- Accepted
a) Lesa Lafferty Wilson Elem. 1st Grade. -
going to work on doctorate (in Utah)
b) Cory Loghry High School Math. - going
to Glenpool where he is from
5) Vote to Approve Certification of Encumbrance Clerk for FY13. --
Approved (Pat Sunday)
6) Vote to Approve Purchasing and Receiving Agent for FY13. --
Approved (Stacie Byrom)
7) Vote to Approve Certification of Activity Fund Custodian and Co-signers
for FY13. -- Approved (Pat
Sunday w/Due & West co-signers)
8) Vote to Approve Minutes Clerk and Assistant Minutes Clerk for FY13.
-- Approved (Melanie Garrett)
9) Discussion and Vote to Approve Transfer Activity Fund Monies to
General Fund, Independent District I-6, Treasurer. --
10) Vote to Approve Memo of Understanding with Tulsa Technology Center
for FY2013 School Year. -- Approved (including
pre-engineering classes at Owasso taught by Leon Hadley for Tulsa
Tech for 9th & 10th graders)
11) Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of Certified
and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1) of the Open
Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to Open Session
and Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified Personnel for
12) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
13) Vote to Acknowledge Return to Open Session.
14) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
15) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved except
d (& I'm guessing on several spellings below if anyone needs to
correct -- firstname.lastname@example.org)
a) 2 - MS Social Studies Teachers. -- Ronny
Cowl? & Brian Davis
b) MS Science New Position. -- Donna
Myers - transfer from Herald 4th grade
c) HS Special Education Teacher New Position. --
d) Secondary Special Education/Mild-Moderate English Teacher. --
e) Herald Elem. 3rd Grade Teacher. --
f) Herald Elem. 4th Grade Teacher. --
g) HS Junior English Teacher. -- Catherine Blevins
h) HS Math Teacher.-- Bonnie Moore
i) HS Science Teacher. - Marcus Martinez
j) HS Family & Consumer Science Teacher. --
k) 3 - Special Needs Paras #1,2 & 3 District.--
Kerry Eubanks, Metta Marler, Dena Self
l) Special Needs Para #4 District. New Position. --
m) Special Services Secretary District. --
16) Discussion and Vote to Approve Lease/Purchase Agreements for FY2013:
a) Bank of the Lakes ESC 12 payments. --
tabled (see item 21 instead)
b) OME (Okla. Mailing Equip) 1 annual payment.
c) Security Bank Wilson Copier 5 Payments.
d) Security Bank Herald Copier #2 12 payments.
e) Coke Lease 1 year.
f) ONEOK Gas 12 Payments.
g) School Messenger Service 1 annual payment.
-- Approved (except
17) Discussion and Vote to Approve Game View Broadcast. --
18) Discussion and Vote to Approve Tulsa Technology Transportation
Contract for School Year 2013.-- Approved
19) Discussion and Vote to Increase District Mileage Reimbursement
Rate.-- Approved (from 30 cents/mile for several
years up to 45 cents/mile)
20) Discussion and Vote to Accept Workers Compensation Bids
for FY2012-2013. -- Approved (only 1 bid, from
existing carrier, with ~$5k increase)
21) Discussion and Vote to Approve Purchase of Current Church Buildings
at 19th and Maple. -- Approved (after
being tabled with no discussion for several months). See photo &
discussion above. $315K and ESC to relocate there during fall break
Oct. 17-18-19. Some walls and electrical work required.
22) Assistant Superintendents Report. --
Lance West discussed these topics:
* summer projects at all campuses (will present photos at July board
* Working potential playground issue at ECC
* Next board meet... will present janitorial, pest control and HVAC
* Exploring electronic (pdf) presentation to replace board packets
and meeting item tracking system (to save paper?)
* test scores were great ... some minor reading issues to be addressed
23) Superintendents Report.
a) Comp Time Payment for FY2012. -- Approved
(for Brenda Flannary)
& -- Terry Due reported on these topics:
* all attended administrators conference
* looking forward to moving ESC to new location (church north of football
notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School Board
of Independent District I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Superintendent
this 22nd day of June 2012 at 12:30 p.m. on the door of the Education
Service Center, 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.
Ted Wright's comments added in purple