1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Special Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place
August 6, 2012
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK
following items will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to
disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. --
Present (Memory Ostrander, Steve Stout, Wendell Johnson & Jana
Oder) & Absent (Donna Sears)
3) Requests to Address the Board. -- none
4) Reading of Minutes July 9, 2012 Special Meeting --
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2013 General and Building Funds and FY 2012 General and Building
Fund Reserves and All District Funds - Approval of Budgets, Reports,
Allocations and Investments. -- Approved
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fundraisers --
Approved (several are Wilson PTO)
7) Discussion and Vote to Approve New Sub-Accounts in the Activity
-- Approved, the new accounting software allows
more categories for better tracking.
8) The Board to consider and take action on the employment of Stephen
L. Smith Corp. as financial consultants to the School District, for
the fiscal year 2012-2013. -- Approved
9) Discussion and Vote to Adopt the 2012-2013 School Year Policy of
Not Less than 1080 School Hours. -- Approved
(most Oklahoma Schools now use this option as Collinsville has for
several years now)
10) Discussion and Vote to Approve School District Accreditation and
School Improvement Status Report from the State Department of Education.
-- Tabled, haven't received all state data yet
11) Discussion and Vote to Approve Changes to the High School and
Middle School Student Handbooks. -- Approved
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Deregulation Application for
Alternative School. -- Approved (Required for
the non-standard hours which contribute to the alternative school's
13) Discussion and Vote to Approve Contract with My Payment Plus for
the 2012-2013 School Year. -- Approved. The
new payment system will be inplemented as soon as possible (possibly
in September) to allow online payment and tracking for cafeteria payments
for students. The software does not interface directly with the parent
portal software so there will be two interfaces initially, with a
goal to merge themif possible later. School staff will do a manual
transfer from one system to the other so payment status might be appear
delayed. This system overcame fee collection issues with PayPal.
14) Discussion and Vote to Approve Surplus and No Longer Needed by
the School District.
--a) W-W Stock Trailer -- rusted out
--b) Automatic Clay Thrower -- from skeet shooting
many years back
--c) Large Box Fan -- inoperable
--e) Furniture, File Cabinets, Projectors, TV and Audio Visual Equip.
-- Herald parking lot sale Saturday ... to raise
funds for new sound system
Discussion and Vote to Approve Real Estate Purchase and Sale Agreement
for the Current Church located at 1902 West Maple. --
Approved, as-is condition ($135K)
16) Discussion and Vote to Approve Tulsa Technology Transportation
Contract for School Year 2013. -- Approved (Collinsville
transports some Owasso tech students to Sand Springs andOwasso transports
some Collinsville students to Broken Arrow and Riverside).
Reimbursements may help fund an additional van
in about 6 months.
17) Discussion and Vote to Approve Lease Agreement for 2013.
--a) Bank of the Lakes ESC- 12 payments
-- Approved, although the contract is for a
year. The ESC hopes to be in their new (Current Church) location by
mid-October. Will give 30-day notice ahead of the actual move-out.
18) Bids and Purchases: -- Approved
--a) Paper Bid for School Year FY2013 -- (Expedex)
--b) Lawn Services for FY2013 -- (Jamie Wilson's
$46K bid accepted -vs- renewal with Steve Branen at $57.9K)
--c) Transportation Bid for FY2013 -- State
Farm (only bid) ... will likely be last year ... plan to bundle with
casualty next year in hopes of getting a bidder.
19) Resignations: -- Accepted
--a) Lisa Moore- ECC Kdg. T.A.
--b) Constance Forehand- Special Needs Para
20) Proposed Executive Session to Discuss Personnel and Hiring of
Certified and Classified Personnel, Pursuant to Section 307 (B)(1)
of the Open Meeting Law, O§, so that the Board May Return to
Open Session And Vote to Hire or Not Hire Certified and Classified
Personnel for FY2013.
21) Vote to Convene in Executive Session.
22) Vote to Acknowledge Return of Board to Open Session.
23) Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
24) Discussion and Vote to Approve Board Paid Teacher Retirement for
Certified Administrators. -- Approved (in lieu
of a raise) & retro to July 1st.
25) Discussion and Vote to Approve Payments for Early Retirement Benefits
for 2012-2013. -- Approved (payments to 14 last
year & 17 this year)
26) Discussion and Vote to Approve the Support Personnel Salary Schedule,
-- Approved ( provides a schedule of step raises)
27) Discussion and Vote for Salary Increases for the Superintendent
and Assistant Superintendent. -- Approved (3%
retro to July 1st)
28) Hiring of Personnel: -- Approved
--a) Ali Schultheiss Ryder- 1st Grade Teacher --
2007 CHS grad & former
--b) Elizabeth Sonnenfeld- HS Math -- via Bartlesville
Mid High & Union
--c) Thresa Carney- ECC Kdg. T.A. ,10 mo. 6 ½ hrs. --
pre-Kwith Mrs. Smith (had subbed here before)
29) Assistant Superintendents Report.
-- Lance West reported on these topics:
* CHS rennovations nearing completion: doors, bathroom dividers, glass
in door are main projects still on-going (looks good, paint, lights,
tile, 4 room re-dos)
* Wilson Gym -- repainted
* ECC playground revamp
* lots of local contracting for rennovations
* bus barn add-on to vo-ag building and expanded fense to softball
* WiFi in progress at elementarys
* One CHS paperless classroomin the works
* TLE/teacher evaluations (required by state) will take lots of principals
* Cara Jones efforts on curriculum and common core
* Decided against whiteboard management contract ... will try internally
30) Superintendents Report. -- Terry Due
reported on these topics:
* well pleased with test scores fromlast year but no time to rest
* teacher evaluations will take much more time than in the past
* 2013 was promised as a flat budget year by state legislature ...
but State Superintendent has changed the distribution formula so will
likely be even less to Collinsville this year (up to $92K less). Expect
25 transfers (across all grades) to help counter some of that loss.
* Middle school had 160 student leave for high school but 228 coming
in from elementary this year.
* American Airlines impact unknown yet (to enrollment counts)
* 1995 student count was 1550 ... (2012 student count ~2700)
31) Announcements.-- principals thankful for
notice being given and displayed by the authority of the School Board
of Independent District, I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Supt. of Schools
this 6th day of August 3, 2012 at 12:30 p.m.. on the door of the Education
Service Center at 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.